Tuesday, July 24, 2018

7/24/18 The Perfect Mug?

    I have been searching for the perfect cup for awhile.  Because I am a (as Javalina says) Big Boy, I need or at least want to carry more than 32 ounces, which I can chug in one swig, but then greater than 50 plus ounces, it probably won't sit in a cup holder good.  If it does, it means it is going to be top heavy because the bottom has to be quite narrow in relation.
    The reason I "need" this is because chemistry doesn't allow the same BS time that imaging did.  I pretty much go in there and one little thing leads to another leads to another and before you know it, I am in the acid hoods and I never even got a cup of coffee.  I can do without the coffee if I stay as busy as I do most of the time, but because of the constant air movement (the room is as close to a cleanroom as it can be without forcing us to smock up), it dries your throat and a swig of water is nice.  Funny note is that we have 3-4 faucets in the room, but the water in there is too pure to drink, it would/could make one sick.  Another reason I honestly bring water with me is that when I drive in to work it is the afternoon and the thought of getting stranded between the house and work with no water scares me a little bit, specially since I am driving an older vehicle.  The alternator went out in the spring on my Excursion and we were stranded not once but twice (I had thought it was just the battery) that day, luckily it was not too hot and Boy was able to come pick us up within a half hour.
    We do have a bunch of large sized vessels which I could use and I've tried some.  I felt goofy with the one from Six Flags with the bright colors and the lame little yellow handle.  So no.  I have been using a blue one which holds a decent amount of drink, but it is a little fat on the bottom and only fits on one of the cupholders in the Excursion, but that blocks the controls to the radio.  My mom bought me an aluminum UT glass that is perfectly designed for the job, but I swear I can taste the aluminum in my fillings and I wasn't even sure we could use Aluminum containers since our tool is very delicate and Aluminum is one of the metals frequently looked at.  I wouldn't want to be a source of contamination, but our boss came in with one, so I guess it is ok, other than the weird feeling I get in my teeth.

No comments:

Post a Comment