Sunday, July 1, 2018

7/1/18 Finally, Out On The Town?

    Saturday had us out of the house not just for lunch, but also dinner, which is something we have not been doing at all.  I was up extra early trying to catch up with these blogs (we need to do more, so I have stuff to talk and complain about).  Being constantly at work just dries me up of ideas to write about.  Wife got up with fuel in her tank and she wanted to go.  She was suggesting Logan's, not so much because we love it, but she had a 25% off coupon.  We started heading out to the one by Cabela's but traffic on I-35 was almost at a stand still, so we headed back and went to the one on Stassney Lane, but it was closed.  Looks like the same thing happened to Macaroni Grill, which I wouldn't have minded eating at.
    We sat there and thought for a minutes, we were stopped right next to Twin Peaks, but Wife said no.  Javalina then suggested Red Robin and I reminded Wife that the new one should be open over by Brodie Lane.  We then headed over that way, although the restaurant wasn't packed, it took a bit to get seated, they said something about being short handed.  Once we sat down, it went much better.  I don't know how it works.  They advertise never ending fries, and I have gone to other Red Robins and straight up just asked for the fries to start coming, but damn, do I feel like a fat fuck doing it.    It is a burger place and I should have ordered a freaking burger.  I ordered a grilled cheese smothered in bacon, but it barely had cheese to cover the bread itself.  Having the refills of Dr. Pepper and fries helped save the meal from being a total dud.  They also have a delicious tower of onion as an appetizer that doesn't disappoint.
    We headed to Best Buy afterwards.  Like I mentioned, his TV has been turning on sometimes and sometimes not, so I thought about replacing it.  Because I like to upgrade, not just replace, we looked at 60-65 inch TVs and found a couple in the $400-$600 range.  After going to Lowe's, I changed my mind.  We are still paying for Boy's new computer from less than two months ago, so since his TV works most of the time, we told him to maybe wait until his birthday, so the TV has some meaning when we give it to him, or even Christmas.  Lowe's was an exhausting experience as I wrote yesterday, I was there about three hours, Wife even left me there while she took Javalina home and she came back with the Excursion to be able to fit the mower in the back.
    When we got back, she knows me too well, as she said my favorite words, go upstairs and take a nap.  It was probably 6:00pm.  I slept until 9:00pm, getting up mostly because her and Javalina were hungry and ready to go.
    We ended up going to Logan's in Buda.  I love the peanuts and the rolls, I hate when you have to ask them to bring more.  Nothing against the skinny servers, but if you see big people, think big.  One fucking biscuit isn't going to fill me up or make me say aah.  The steak looked good and then it had a piece of fat bacon stabbed on top, but the execution was different.  I had a tiny steak that visually looked like a small piece of chicken breast with a skewer holding a small bacon.  The loaded baked potato helped, along with the appetizer of loaded nachos.  Anyways, it was mostly a good meal on both occasions, Boy is still feeling groggy, I am glad we are at least around, but he needs to try harder to get up.  The doctors haven't found anything to make him be this "sick."

No comments:

Post a Comment