Tuesday, July 10, 2018

7/10/18 Feeling Fresh After A Week Off?

    I went back to work today, deciding to stay on dayshift as I had been offered the opportunity for some training.  I got there before most people, at 6:00am and started feeling this urgency to hurry, then I said no.  I was walking to the breakroom to make coffee and started walking to the point of my ankle bothering me.  I said to myself "Why are you in a hurry?"  I slowed down and decided I'll just chill like most people do on days.  The work gets done, but nobody is holding off on going to the bathroom or skipping dinner for the sake of work.
    I was able to catch up with a few people, some I barely see because I come in later than ever.  Luckily, we are not inundated with work, so I did a portion and the other guys did some and we are positioned to stay on top of everything tomorrow.  I did notice I was not drowsy most of the day, even though I worked a twelve hour shift and I only managed about five hours sleep last night.  I am now sure that there is nothing wrong with me, other than being a fat-ass.  My symptoms of narcolepsy are because I don't sleep enough and I've been on night shift for 22+ years, that's got to leave a mark.  Even so, I found myself wanting to sleep in this morning, if not for Wife being off and in town for the week.  She wants me to get through the week so I can spend more time with her.
    We did manage to have lunch, a little late in the day, around 2:30pm.  We met at Bill Miller, she woke up Javalina and they were waiting for me.  I love their tenders when they are fresh out of the oil or whatever.  They manage to be great about 40% of the time.  A lot of times it's like they sit under those hot lamps or something, they might be hot but they certainly are not fresh.  But still, at $5.99, it's a cheap meal.
    I then came home, took a 30 minute nap, and headed back for the last couple of hours.  It felt strange going back at 4:30pm, I think most people had left as the lab felt empty quick.  I hung out for another good while catching up with another friend, then went back to my little dungeon of acid hoods and loud vacuum noises.  I prepped some bottles for tomorrow to make me more efficient and finally left for home around 7:00pm.
    I barely walked in the door and Javalina was waiting to work out.  We started with some free weights, I showed him the 3 exercises I use on my deltoids plus the military press and then we did some medicine ball work which I am sure will have his shoulders burning tomorrow.  We did 2-3 tackle routines, but I was so out of energy, I almost fell over both times.  I called it a day and went to sit to write this and wait for some awesome brisket Wife cooked for us.  I feel pretty good, blog for tomorrow is done, I am ready for a shower, maybe a poop, and Pete repeat the day tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment