Wednesday, July 4, 2018

7/4/18 4th Of July?

    I did not expect much out of the ordinary for today.  I got up antsy again, as I have been doing for the past couple of months.  I came down around 7:30am thinking I was going to write this.  I had no fuel though to write and only managed to sit here and watch a couple of my favorite people I follow on You Tube.  That took about an hour and I got bored.  By then I had also drank a cup of orange juice, ate 2 Rice Crispy Treats, about a third of one of those large pan de semita, and some potato chips.  I found a bagie full of memory chips with pictures over the last ten years or so and I spent a while looking through them.  I was amazed at how little Boy has changed compared to Javalina.
    After a while, I got bored and went outside and finished trimming our hedges.  I had started yesterday, but did not have a long enough electric cord.  We went yesterday back to Lowe's and bought it and chemicals and stuff for the pool.  The hedge trimmer works like a charm.  Within minutes, it was like I had shaved my head, but on a larger scale.  With the trimmers you just drag them across slowly bringing them down to the height you want the hedges to be.  I them used a small rake and gathered all the clippings in two piles.  I just needed one of the boy's to go with me to hold a bag open to fill it up.
    This about heated me up and I came upstairs to bed around 10:30am.  Wife and even the Boys were still all asleep.  I then napped until about 2:00pm when Wife woke me to go get meat for our little BBQ.  We saw the last two episodes of Santa Clarita Diet which had an awesome little twist at the end of the second season.
    Before we headed to HEB, it was raining and it kept raining while we ate at Mod Pizza and then while we got our groceries.  We have been going to the HEB in Kyle because of the stupid bag ban, it just seems easier to head out than to gather bags.  It just kind of sucks that the three times we have gone has been around or more than $150.  It is expensive to sit around and nibble all day.
    It finally stopped raining by the time we got home.  We put away our groceries and started the fire on the grill.  It was really nice outside after all the rain, it drenched the ground and eliminated the heat, it almost felt like a fall evening.
    It seemed nice and quiet around 9:00pm, we ate and started watching GLOW on Netflix, feeling full and sleepy when the fireworks started a couple houses down.  They didn't seem to last long, this neighborhood sucks.  People just waiting to rat on each other to protect their precious home values.

No comments:

Post a Comment