Thursday, December 29, 2016

12/30/16 Chub's Room Is Now Modified For A Teenage Dude?

    I finally got around to rearranging Chub's room to what I consider a more sociable and friendly spot.  I had noticed there was a lot of room between his dresser and bed, and then it was kind of tight between the bed and the TV.  By moving the bed to another wall, I opened up the bigger space where the boys can sit on chairs that Boy gave up recently.  The chairs I got for him at IKEA are great, they are like single futons, so two boys can sleep on them separately, then two or three boys can sleep on the king sized bed.  He also has another small sofa that opens up into a short full size bed.
    I told him I would get him new covers for the futons, the mattresses seem new and I replaced the couple of screws that were missing on the frames so they open and close properly, I am hoping for many more years of service from these chairs.  Santa bought him three new controllers for his XBOX 1 and since his birthday last month and the holidays, he has gotten about ten new games for the various systems he has in his room.  Now that I have cleaned up the garage some, I want to take more of the Halloween stuff out there, giving him more of his closet to store his toys and clothes.
    Apart from his bed and dresser, I also moved a lot of his posters and decorations so they wouldn't be covered just randomly by the new locations of his furniture.  Buying him a desk a year ago and a good sturdy chair were a great idea.  He sits there like it is his territory to fiddle with things, or to get on his laptop.   Occasionally, he does his homework there, but most of the time, we finish it together downstairs.
    This is his third room, he had a room in our old house, then when we moved to this house, we had him in the room closest to us, which seems a little smaller but is still quite a large room.  His older room was a little more longer, this room is more square.  I like the windows in this room, he has three that face the front of the house and one that faces the side.  When we get a cold front, this room feels it the most, it will usually be the coldest room in the house.  He has told me a couple times he wants to paint his room some sort of blue, but I painted it a very cool Longhorn burnt orange, as this was supposed to have been my room, my man cave and I secretly don't want to give it up.
    In reality, his childhood toys are still all over the house.  There are bins and boxes in the old closet in his old room that Girlie took over.  There are also bins in the garage full of old toys and legos and stuffed animals.  We have an old "arcade" game that I can't figure out where to put.  The games, about nine or ten different versions are very basic, not even at the level of a Pac-Man, but I can't just throw it away.  Wife doesn't want it in Chub's room because it is starting to look crowded, but I think it would fit alright.  Oh well, all we need now is a quiet weekend where he can have his boys over and we can give the room a test run.

No comments:

Post a Comment