Thursday, December 1, 2016

12/2/16 Tis The Time For Comforters Instead Of Quilts?

    There are two types of bed/sleeping covers that we use.  Quilts and comforters.  Quilts are generally thinner and not filled like a comforter with material to make it fluffy.  Quilts also tend to be more stitched to keep everything in its place.  At this point, we have quilts for every bed and also comforters which are not used often but when needed get the job done against Chilly Willy.
    I love having the house be as cold as possible but not in the summer when our utility bill already goes over $700 a month, so when the cold fronts start coming, we will leave the windows in the bedrooms upstairs open.  I could not believe my sister when they came before Thanksgiving and fired up the heater like she owned the place.  I still had windows open in my bedroom and was looking forward to a chilly night.  I let the house warm up a bit, then I turned it off.  I did get called the worst host in the world, but that's OK, I want to be comfortable too.
    Anyways, we use the quilts probably nine months out of the year.  Once I start packing multiple quilts on top of one another, I figure it is time to bring out the big guns.  Last night was down to about 39, and it was chilly when I came in my room from work in the morning.  Sleeping with the two light quilts had me attempting to curl up into a ball, but 400 pounds don't really curl up.
    Out come the comforters tonight, I am making the change, this weekend is supposed to be shitty and cold and wet anyway.  I was telling Wife earlier that it would be awesome to just stay in bed all weekend, specially if the high will only be in the 50's.  Nope, she is already eyeballing that sale she has been waiting for at Bath and Bodyworks, where the 3 wick candles that normally sell for $24, sell for $8.  We bought like 3 or 4 packages, so for awhile we had over 20 candles in a corner of the room.
    Since the comforter will be on the bed, is it time to wash the quilts?  I think so, but I waited too long to start that process tonight.  I have a ton of things to do tomorrow, so I probably need to go to bed early tonight.
    Chubs has another award ceremony for the second six weeks at 7:50am at his school, Wife wants me to get the tags for the boat, and also get the Excursion current on its tags too.  We finally found a buyer for our boat, so I am supposed to get it in a moving condition, and last we looked, both tires were mostly flat.
    All that I can hope for is some rain, they don't do testing of vehicles if the roads are wet.  Then I can come back home and just sleep.  I am tired right now, but I can't fall asleep, it is too early.  Once I am finished writing this, I am planning on going upstairs and ironing Chubs school shirts, which I do every weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment