Thursday, December 1, 2016

12/1/16 Anybody Really Working Right Now?

    This time of year is really hard to be inspired to focus and work.  I believe we are all just going through the motions.  I took the whole week of Thanksgiving off for the first time and although I would have rather worked, this whole year has been slow.  I figured I would make lemonade with the lemons handed to me and so I spent the whole week with Wife.  I already wrote about that, but my point now is I have this overall feeling of laziness.  Why crank myself up to work at 100%?  This week is a short week, I am done after tonight.  Next week is basically the last long week of the year.  I will have another short week and then the week before Christmas is long, but I am going to probably take a night or two off making it short also. 
    I already planned to be off the week between Christmas and New Year's, and Wife will be here for two whole weeks.  I don't believe we'll be trying to work hard until January.  I feel slightly guilty, in year's past I was always the one volunteering to be the skeleton crew and be here when everybody else was off, mostly for the money.  With Wife moving up the ladder, I no longer feel I need to be desperate for every nickel out there.  Don't get me wrong, if we were busy, I wouldn't be singing this song, I would be planning on making that time and a half money.
    I would love a cold front on Christmas to drop some snow our way and force us to stay indoors.  The days after all the Thanksgiving hoopla were really relaxing, just laying around eating and sleeping, I want more of those days.
    We had almost forgot about our solar panel system, but they called this week.  I guess they had been doing what they said getting permits with the city, and whatever other paperwork.  Hopefully, they are installed before the end of the year, I want to be green.  I envision a day in which our whole roof is covered in solar panels and even our cars get charged from them.  The system we are getting will cover two of the four sides, so it isn't impossible to think this is a possibility in the near future.  How awesome would it be if we could buy a couple of small commuter cars for work that charge overnight with the power made during the day?  If they were super cheap, I would even drive a single seat funky car, save my truck for family outings.  Hmmm, a little clarity perhaps, or just blowing smoke out my butt?

No comments:

Post a Comment