Tuesday, December 20, 2016

12/20/16 Does A Successful Marriage Have To Do With Marrying A Parent Clone?

    Psychology fascinates me more than even chemistry which I got a degree in.  The way our minds work is astounding.  This is the main reason I liked listening to Dr. Drew with Adam Carolla on Loveline back in the day.  I went through their whole ten year library when I found it and I would listen to two and sometimes three episodes in a given twelve hour shift at work, along with other stuff, of course.
    Some of the stuff that seems to happen naturally with humans is that they learn normal from their environments.  If s person grows up in a family that does nothing but argue, then normal to them is a family that argues, so they will search a partner that helps recreate that normality with them.  I have found in my immediate world, that is true.  My mother, for instance, was a very strong head of the household type when we were growing up, mostly because my dad was a truck driver who was gone most of the week, this made my mom a person who lead us with no problems, and I have noticed Wife is that type of person, kind of a ballbuster, who does not hesitate to take the lead.  It is sometimes annoying because if I hesitate for even a second, she will take the reins and make decisions for us.  This makes for a great partner, but I don't get to take it easy around her if I want to be the alpha male I like to be.  I also notice many similarities between her father and myself.  He has always been a good provider, and a good father, but he is a quiet man.  Her mom just dotes on him though, always serves him food, coffee, any little thing to show him she is there for him, but not in an underling kind of way, just as a show of love and respect.  Wife does this for me, and I love it, my folks don't get it and always tell Wife to make me get up.
    To push the matter with one more example, I have noticed many similarities between my brother in law and my dad.  My brothers both even like to joke that my dad finally found the son he always hoped for in our brother in law.  My sister found a great guy to marry in our brother in law.  He is a jock, and he is raising little jocks, and life is centered around whatever sports is in season for them.  We were never like that.  My younger brother and I could give two shits about most sports events, my other brother likes some sports events, but I think it is more the act of liking something expensive because he goes to baseball games, but rarely stays through a whole game.
    This one got away from me, as I filled the whole thought bubble without getting to my point.  I will continue exploring this field, as it is one I find interesting.  Does the type of partner you have chosen tell you whether it will be a successful relationship? 

No comments:

Post a Comment