Saturday, December 10, 2016

12/10/16 This Week Was Almost Too Much?

    This past week was a pain in the ass.  Honestly, it is time for Christmas break, I hope this coming week is just a whisper compared to last week.  Monday, Chubs had an after school practice with the band to prepare for the concert on Tuesday.  I picked him up at 5:15pm, we ate quickly at Bill Miller and then I had to go poop and shower before heading in to work, a little later than normal.  Tuesday, there was no way around it.  We had Chub's concert at 7:00pm, but we had to be there by 6:15pm.  The event itself was awesome, but I had to use a couple hours of PTO (Personal Time Off) to make up the difference of me being out for a few hours.  Wife and my Mom came to town in time to catch the concert.  Wife then stayed the rest of the week for a conference.  My Mom stayed overnight then left by 8am the next day to head back to work before noon.  It was weird to have my Mom here during the week.  We did figure we should celebrate Chub's big night, so we went to Longhorn Steakhouse and let him order whatever he felt like eating.  He ordered a sirloin, as usual.
    Wednesday was only a little rough because I stayed up talking with my mum until she left, and then Wife got out early from her conference, so that meant going to lunch after Chubs got out after 4:00pm.  This is not usually a problem, but by the time we get home it is around 5:00pm and I have to rush my routine of poop and shower.  To add to the busy feeling we also got our first cold cold front of the year.  It is embarrassing to realize your chubby kid only has shorts and what's worse, he refuses to go shopping, so as a result, he went to school both Thursday and Friday in shorts.  I felt a little bad for him as he got off the truck in a hoodie and shorts, but he does have a heavy jacket he also refuses to wear.
    Thursday was more of the same, going to lunch after school with Wife and the Boys, we ate at the Mexican place, I was feeling like trying a new place, and by myself, I never would have ventured to try something so different.  The place was sketchy, but the food was very good.  I am still enjoying the sweet breads and looking forward to waking up Saturday morning and eating the rest of it with a cup of coffee.
    Friday was another busy day, I don't even know how, but by the time I looked at the clock, it was already past midnight.  Wife picked up Chubs from school, they came and picked me up to go to Target.  We had a little pizza and drink there.  Chubs got snacks for his sleepover, we bought some more Christmas gifts, and we also got a gift for our friend's grandson, who turns one tomorrow.  After spending two hours in Target, Chub's friends started getting dropped off there at Target because we were taking too long, we went home so they could all get together.  We then went to a couple of stores, including Best Buy and stayed past there closing hours, but we took care of one of Santa's responsibilities.  We then wanted to eat at a couple of places, but everything was closed.  We found Rosa's Tortilla Factory open and Wife and I ate there and then took some food for our sleepover boys.  By the time I came to pee upstairs it was already 12:30am.  I just finished writing this at 5:10am after folding and ironing clothes, paying our bills, and once again, pooping and showering before settling down to write this.

No comments:

Post a Comment