Wednesday, December 14, 2016

12/14/16 Fixing To Break This Curse?

    This year has not been great for me, personally.  It is almost the end of the year and I have to accept that I only worked OT about three or four times.  I was just telling my Wife this weekend, first, I had a dream that my boss had cast me aside like I had been let go.  The dream felt real, I was going from room to room in a big building trying to get hired on with different groups, but I couldn't find anybody.  Then, I decided that since I switched over to this cool yellow wallet, it has not been good times, like the wallet is allergic to money.  I told her I was going to break my curse by getting a new wallet.  We were at the mall, but I didn't see one I liked.
    Then in a weird coincidence, my supervisor texted me Monday afternoon to tell me that I would be working in a different section tonight, because they were swamped.  I said OK, what else can I do, say no?  I came in and I know the people well over there, our company is only about 18 people at this point and the two I was talking to used to do what I do in imaging.  My lifting partner was over there and he said if I really wanted OT, I needed to go over there, they are all tired of working every weekend, the lady that was training me a year ago before they went and hired a new person said she doesn't even like overtime, but they don't have a choice with so much work.  This is the kind of chatter I have been missing.  I love working 60-70 hour work weeks, well, I love the money from doing that.  The main reason for this is that our sales guy is an expert at that kind of stuff and has very limited experience with imaging, so nobody has been out looking for new customers for us.
    I honestly don't care what I am doing.  I love imaging because you can visually see the thing you are trying to take a picture of, but chemistry is fine too, I did get my degree in that field, so I should technically and probably should be over there.  Foremost, though, I am a whore, and I go where the money is, I have no shame in saying it.  I got a quick rundown tonight on how to run the tool and although it had been over a year, most of it started coming back.  I didn't want to tear into the data, that requires a lot of detailed knowledge, but just running the samples which is the bottleneck in the process over there, helps them.  I was a few weeks from being fully trained a while back, but they hired a new person, and then the imaging group picked up for a bit.  It just seemed easier for them to focus on training the new person which I understood, but then they moved her, so they still ended up short staffed in this other technique.  It is a sign, it has been waiting for me all along.
    I want so much OT that Wife won't "meep meep meep" when I go buy Rolex watches for my ankles and even my neck.  I want to just hear the battle cry of Facebook "You deserve it!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment