Wednesday, December 21, 2016

12/21/16 Continuing With Yesterday's Psychology Lesson?

    Yesterday's foray into how we operate in our environment came from listening to bad music Sunday night.  The radio in the garage which I decided needed to be cleaned, sticks from soda being spilled on it, so once I got a decent sounding station, I left it alone.  I generally don't listen to 96.7 anymore, lately I've been revisiting Spanish music and the Garth Brooks channel on XM satellite.
    The message in one of the songs made it seem like all the girl had to do was break up with the guy that treated her like crap and he would then do everything in his power to make her happy.  What the singer doesn't realize is that the girl is exactly where she needs and wants to be.  Girls in bad relationships learn at home that this is normal.  They have a fairy tale in their head that they are going to change the bad boy into a functional member of society.  I've seen it more than a few times now and all I can do is cringe.  It is like witnessing a very slow moving train accident right as it is happening.  My advice is always "Have fun if you insist, just don't have kids because I can tell you, that guy is a fucking idiot, and I am at least ten times smarter than you."  Nope, first things first, let's have a kid, the fact that the genius BF is still thinking about a GED isn't going to affect my kid who will surely go to UT in a couple years.  Then come the stories of having to make decisions for the guy:  "do I buy the good weed, or do I buy diapers for the kid?" Fuck it, that's mama and grandma's job, apparently.  I'll make it up to the kid by showing up on his birthday, maybe.
    Eventually, you work yourself into section eight housing, where you tell the world how "I don't need a man!, I can do it on my own!"  Great, except for the fact that you think making it on your own is paying $50 a month for a two bedroom apartment like that is living in the real world.  Don't worry, you and your kid won't be alone for long, the baby daddy will talk your little brain into another round of unprotected sex and give you a second kid to raise while he keeps being a bad ass with his homies.  Don't worry, there's a guy out there who will stick around, you'll just have to kind of support him and in return he'll give you a couple more dumb kids to feed and cloth, but that's ok.  Some day this guy will get it going and then it'll be BMW's all around.
    The sad part is this girl will pat herself on the back and say well, I did as good as my folks.  Not knowing you're supposed to do better than your folks.  The sacrifices of the last generation should push you further up the socioeconomic structure, not make you a clone of your poor ass parents.
    But Mr. Singer on the radio, keep singing your diluted thoughts, it makes great foreplay for Joe Knucklehead to impregnate your princess.

No comments:

Post a Comment