Tuesday, June 9, 2015

6/9/15 What Am I Doing, I Don't Want To Move?

    I am seeing everything that I have accumulated get packed and the more I see, the less I like it.  We are in discussion to sell my pool table, the bedroom set in guest room, Boy is selling books to trim his massive collections of crap.  What the hell, I am starting to feel like I got laid off or had to take a much lower paying job.  I am on pace to have my biggest paying year right now, Wife is in talks to finally get a promotion, the other house is sitting empty and new....
    Why don't we sell it?  I've done the numbers and we will make about the same profit selling this one or that one.  I would rather not sell either, but if that is not an option, I love the space we have.  I am entertaining the idea of telling my brother to move back.  Maybe if he gets a daytime job, he would interact with more humans, instead of living the night life, which wasn't good for him.  I would lose my personal room, but if it means I keep the house, it's a sacrifice I might be willing to make.  I would still have the other guest room, unless we rent it out too. 
    Plus I can't call it mine, but I love living next to the green belt, no neighbors behind us, just woods and trees.  I like knowing there is a creek, almost think of myself living the waterfront lifestyle.  And yes, the pool has been an albatross around my neck, down to me insisting on moving it over here, but it is my pain in the ass, I need to get on it and get it going, it will clean up with a little effort.  Plus the hot tub has been one of those miniature nirvanas.  I did not know something could be that awesome as sitting in hot water with some half naked friends.
    The fact that I can't get into packing anything has been a big sign for Wife that I don't want to go anywhere.  I think hearing Boy finally make a comment made me feel the sting.  We were in the older house waiting doing something or other last week and he quoted some stupid new-ish song, I guess we "started from the bottom, now we here, again".  This whole moving on down is supposed to make it so we can get out of debt, but will we/can we?  If we were to somehow pay off the house and all our credit cards, do we win?  Do we get to retire and go home?  No, it isn't a game.  If I have loads of free cash, I'm going to go buy something stupider and newer.  I've been eyeing used airplanes, my small circle of peeps says no, but come on, everybody loves a pilot.  Let's fly to Vegas for the weekend, let me just drug the wife and throw her in the back, A-Team style.

No comments:

Post a Comment