Monday, June 15, 2015

6/15/15 Why Do We Make Ourselves Uncomfortable?

    We went to Buffalo Wild Wings today.  Chubs likes wings, I am OK with them.  I believe mine are better as I grill them and they don't have that greasy aftertaste of them from the oven.  I couldn't decide on which flavor or heat to go with since I am not a fan.  I figured Wife was going mild and Chubs was going medium.  My folks were with us and they went with BBQ and lemon Pepper.  I then feel obligated to actually get "hot" wings.  It is what they are known as, dammit!!
    We did the smorgasborg, put them all in the middle and share.  I ended up eating four of the five "hot" wings.  Only Chubs ate one and because I was egging him on.  But seriously, nobody enjoys that burning feeling, why put ourselves through it?  It was more of a mission to accomplish, eating the rest after "enjoying" one.  I am also the type of person who doesn't leave food on the table, I mean look at me.
    My Dad was then being funny with it's not the mouth it's laters when the hot stuff reaches "el chiquito" referring to the butt hole.  He said plainly, that's why I won't eat them.  I didn't think too  much about it, but it's true.  There have been times I feel the spicy food burning on the exit side.  Those are generally not good times.
    Another example, last night we went to the movies, saw Jurassic World or whatever that movie is called.  Boy got us free tickets but to the midnight showing.  I had worked OT the night before, got home after 8am, showered and stuff, probably went to sleep at 9am and Wife was trying to wake me at 1pm.  I eventually got up, my folks were also in town and we went and took care of some things in the other house.  We then had to go buy stuff, I was really more out of it, lacking sleep, not even getting breakfast, Wife busting balls left and right that I am not being helpful because I wandered off, she apparently couldn't pick the paint after I had helped with the colors.  I floated on over to the flooring, now that we are staying in big house and seeing my friends big house with dark wood floors, I am determined to eventually do that.  She found me after awhile, yelled at me for hiding from her, but I made the big decision of semi gloss for trim and satin finish for walls.  Feels good to be the decision maker.
    We then ate pizza at a new place, actually quite good, or we were starving by then.  After that, we went home and I fell asleep hard around 9:30pm.  Chubs woke me at 11:05pm so we could head to movies.  I almost would have preferred to sleep, but movie was good.  Why do we force ourselves to push our bodies?  After all the work I did during the week, I could have said no to the movie, but I don't want to be the "wet blanket" or the asshole.  I go along with my peeps to keep them happy.  I figure I can rest when I'm dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment