Thursday, June 11, 2015

6/11/15 Finally, A Sign From Above?

    When we started the process of whether to move or not, I told Wife, if we can manage some sort of raise or job promotion, then that would be a sign that we should stay.  Although I said we were staying Sunday night, today, Wife finally got a sign. She is getting more money, but her responsibilities have also increased.  No matter, she is of course, up to the challenge.  I will not get into details as she beats me when I speak frankly about pay and stuff like that.  She takes me in the bedroom and whips me for being a malcontent with a big mouth.
    As I was saying, we will carry on in our big home, if they meant what they told her, we should be OK for the next few years.  Our big question now will be:  Do we keep older house because we are the sentimental sort and can't stand to see it leave our grasp or do we sell it in this Hot market and make a significant profit which could still help us get out of credit card debt much quicker?  I'm leaning to keeping it, we have ten more years to pay and it is ours, then the rent just becomes disposable cash or we do in fact move back to it in our old age.
    On top of Wife's raise, my brother could possibly be coming back as I had mentioned and if so, his rent money goes a long way to helping us out.  I will not treat it as part of our income but rather send it directly to a credit card to try and pay off debt.
    In the coming year, I promised Wife we would also do repairs on the big house, I'd really like to attack the floors and install some wood flooring in the front of the house, we went and saw a friend's brand new house and he had dark chocolate brown wood floors and the house looked fancy.  I want to do something like that.  I told Wife I would do it myself, to save on costs.  I just need a saw, those wood floors are just "floating" in place, they are not glued or stapled down.
    I am excited at the second chance to stay in our house, I am happy that Chubs will finish his elementary school years in the same school he started.  I am happy we don't have to move everything over to the other house.  My only concern is we want a "new" vehicle for Wife, it was one thing I was looking forward to being able to do by moving to old house, maybe if we sell old house, we can manage one, just buy it cash.  She really likes those Ford Escapes, those can be found under $20,000.  We'll see what our new lease on life does to us.  We now need to unpack our stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment