Monday, June 8, 2015

6/8/15 Fell Asleep Last Night?

    My body and mind finally gave out last night, sorry for no blog with your morning coffee.  I worked my butt off this weekend for a customer who has now a couple times sent these big jobs which they are willing to pay twice as much as our regular rates so we get them done over the weekend.  I was only one willing to work (there were graduations and surgeries stopping other peeps). 
    I ended up working 13 hours Friday night and 13 hours Saturday night.  It's funny, when you're doing the work staring at the tool doing most of the work, it's like time is standing still.  I was alone for half the night, so I do the work standing, kneeling on the chair, sitting like a human, walking away for fifteen minutes at a time (some parts run for 25-30min by themselves), kneeling on the floor, laying on the floor, music gets boring after awhile, even Netflix gets boring after awhile.  But as soon as the normal time to leave approaches, the body knows.  Like a dog that needs to walk, my legs want to leave, but I had to stay a little longer both days, as work needed to be finished.  As soon as I finished, I was running out the door.
    It did not help that Boy was in an accident this past week and the Bimbo (as he called her) that hit him took all week to talk to her insurance.  Nationwide (her insurance) would not listen to Boy or Wife, even with a police report.  I figured there was no reason for me to get involved yelling, Wife already threatened with lawyers and everything else civil humans can do.  If only we were apes, then we could fling poo, and it would be perfectly acceptable.  I got off track, but he took Wife's car for work and Wife took my Excursion since her family was here and she needed the extra seating capacity.  I was dropped off like a child at work, then had to wait until almost 11pm to get picked up for dinner.  Like a dog, I got takeout, although I do love Whataburger, Wife had eaten dinner with her family.
    Sunday was much nicer, I slowed down enough to get a lay of the land, about half of the stuff in the pantry is still in bags on the floor, apparently, most of what we had was expired.  My in-laws are doing an awesome job of trimming the fat off this house.  Most of the old toys in Chub's room were also taken out, I don't even want to know where they went to.  He keeps a bin full of "Build a Bears" and all his little Halo action figures and Lego stuff.  That is really all he "plays" with, although the bears are more decorations in his room.
    Speaking of, Chubs is vacationing for a week at my Mom's, he likes it.  They run on a slower schedule, don't really go anywhere, just chill at home... my fingers are getting bored... (sorry mom) :)
    Boy, Wife and I then decided to go to the movies Sunday night, for a 10pm movie, saw Entourage, it was great.  Sure, the guys are kinda douch-y, but it is all tongue-in-cheek fun, plus the cars, the homes, the girls, the locations, all stuff of fantasy.  I loved that Cadillac convertible, I would like to see more full sized convertibles offered for sale, that market is just tiny cars, fat asses like convertibles too.

No comments:

Post a Comment