Saturday, June 13, 2015

6/13/15 Do You Give 100% All The Time?

    Can you look at yourself and say I give it all I got?  The last few weeks have been a crazy back and forth of do we move/do we stay, go do this, go do that.  I am not even sure what we accomplished so far.  Our house is 80% packed, we could go, but we're not.  All this on the back of Wife, she got it all done, with a lot of help from her family.  Meanwhile, the pool is still green, I was supposed to tackle that one problem.  Wife would turn on the pump if that was all that was required, but because of the stupid leak, I have to prime the pump, that means force water into it, to get it going.
    If we have had two months of back and forth, that is eight weekends, surely, I could have found time to mess with it.  But looking back, it rained pretty much non-stop for the first month.  I have been working 60-80 hours a week, plus I was still picking up Chubs and eating every day until last Thursday.  Are these the proverbial excuses of a lazy person or are there simply not enough hours in the day to do what needs to be done?
    I can say this week I don't want to get into it because even if I start getting water clear, we will be gone for almost two weeks, water is going to go back to what it is.  I need to get on it and stay on it, I just don't want to do it with the sun beating the crap out of me.
    Another "excuse" has been the old house and going over there for so many little reasons.  From needing to pay painters to installing carbon monoxide detector so house can be to code for new water heater.  Every time I go, I lose an afternoon.  I sometimes want to shake Wife so she does more, but she too has a job and commutes almost an hour a day back and forth.  I guess selling the old house will get it out of our hands for good.  We won't have to even think about it anymore.
    That would be nice.  Just focus on us.  I want to do some small projects around the house.  First off, move bedroom set from guest room downstairs and make it Chubs bedroom set.  Or maybe buy the Queen set of the equivalent, and use the dresser and nightstands.  Hmmm.  I want the smaller bed because I am stuck on wanting to get them the quilts I saw at Pottery Barn with Spider Man and Batman.
    I also want to try my hand at installing some wood flooring, even though Wife keeps saying no, I swear she needs a re-boot, it's all she ever says nowadays.

No comments:

Post a Comment