Wednesday, June 17, 2015

6/17/15 Vacations Feel Like Chapter Endings?

    We are fixing to go on vacation as most people do during the summer break.  On top of that, of course our house dilemma is coming to an end (hopefully), and Wife's school year ends this Friday.  The only thing that continues like the old Energizer bunny is me and my work. 
    Both boys are in their usual mode of staying up late wasting away their summer days.  Well, Boy has already been to Florida with friends and is fixing to go back with us.  Chubs spent a week at Grandma's house visiting and playing with his cousins.  We need to get away as a family.  With all my working OT, I feel a little out of the loop.  We barely eat together, with Boy working on the weekends, and me not available hardly ever.
    It has been a good four years since we have gone to Florida.  We went by ourselves a few times, then we went with my folks twice and then we went with our friends once.  Each time was a bit different, but enjoyable in its own way.  This year we are going with my in laws.  I know Wife is excited because we don't really vacation with them, or really, they don't vacation much.  I don't understand that part, actually, we are of the same socioeconomic backgrounds, middle income families.  My folks though always did the little vacations to Corpus Christi growing up, then they joined us and bought an RV to be able to park in the same parks we stay at during the summer.  My in laws vacation, but usually their trips have been to visit my father in laws brother in Wisconsin.  Maybe they are finally getting with the program.  They did buy an RV this past fall and have been updating it to use for the summer.
    I am excited to get on the road.  I always feel reborn coming back, to the point that I worry if my job will still be there, but it always has been.  There is that feeling after being gone for two weeks that I'll scan my badge and nothing happens by the security doors.  As busy as we have been, I almost feel guilty going, but we planned this trip two years ago.  We were going to do this last summer, but this and that happened to derail it.  We almost went during Christmas break, but that was postponed as well.  I told Wife we are going with or without her peeps this summer.  There is always a good reason not to splurge on a vacation, but what do you have after?  I couple extra bucks, BFD.  Bring on the happy memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment