Tuesday, June 30, 2015

6/30/15 Twenty Four Hours To Move 709 Miles

    I might be sick or suffering from Fatigue Syndrome as Wife has diagnosed me, but I do love the open road.  I was not able to drive as much as usual, but the results were still the same.  We moved ourselves about halfway back home, hopefully ending tomorrow in Austin.  My in-laws got themselves out of the way by taking off two hours earlier than us.  It was great for them, but I was not going to get up at 6:00am when I was writing the last blog at 2:00am last night.
    We had until 10am to check out and as usual we walked out of the rental house at 9:59am.  I put to use my skills learned working in a warehouse packing my given space like you would the space shuttle.  Everything neat and trim, no unwanted blind spots, filling from the bottom up and from right to left.  Everything pristine and perfect, like the souvenirs themselves were bought to fit in the space and not because of its sentimental value.  This works great until Wife waves three bags of food that haven't been accounted for and then it's every man for himself.  At this point it becomes "Chubs, put this between your legs, and Boy you're gonna have to use this as a pillow, sorry if it smells."
    After all that work, I finally pooped and showered at 9:20 and was ready right before our checkout time.  We got going and immediately I was uncomfortable because we were coming back through a different route than when we got there.  It took us 40 minutes on a backroad and I don't care for that.  I would rather jump on toll roads if I can hit 70 and go.  But there we were and I gulped down two sodas and some other crap and not even a half hour in, I was fighting my sleepiness.  I know you would think we would know our routes, but with Google Map, Wife just types home and in "Skynet" we trust (a little Terminator humor).
    Wife drove for a couple hours, then I drove for a while, then Wife... Honestly, she might have driven more than half the distance, but it is a first, and I am sick, or something.  I feel a little bad about it, Boy joking I am going through Manopause and Wife joking with the Fatigue Syndrome or a couple others she tried diagnosing me with.  Glad you don't just go to a Ford dealership and trade in for a new man, cause damn, this Fat Boy can't afford to be sick.  Whole family is rationing me out whether I'm worth more as a trade in or as spare parts.
    But here we are, got to our hotel around 9:00pm, luckily, no accidents or anything to slow us down, other than taking our time at a few gas stations.  This hotel room is nice, 2 queen beds, plus a tiny living room that pulls out, even a wall for semi privacy.  a small kitchen area.  I almost wish we were staying here a couple nights.  Wife and I decided we're not going to keep up with her folks who want to get going at 8:00am, checkout is noon and we will probably be here until 11:59am.

No comments:

Post a Comment