Saturday, June 6, 2015

6/7/15 My House Is Slowly Coming Unraveled?

    They say by hook or crook, Wife says by her or her folks.  When we started idea of moving, she said if it is too hard for you, just decide we're moving and I'll make it happen.  I went along with this premise, figuring I'll get with the program, and pitch in at some point.  It almost seems on purpose, but I have never been busier at work.
    This week I was even asked if I could work Friday and Saturday, a customer had a bunch of work and nobody else was available to help.  I am expected to be the muscle around the house, but I am also the wallet, so any overtime that gets offered to me, I take. 
    Today, I wake up and it finally looks real.  My in laws came in early, I guess, and they have packed a significant amount.  Most of the house has been hit.  The pantry looks like it vomited into the kitchen, the table and island full of boxes, and cans of food.  I know it's first world problems, but we had about 16 feet of pantry, we will be down to 4 feet.  Some stuff has got to go.  For now, we can remove all the fancy party stuff.  I had about 3 tackle boxes full of fun party elements, like crazy straws, temporary tattoos, sugars for rimming glasses in any color. 
    One of my plans is to build one of those two story "storage sheds" next to a huge shady spot and a hot tub in the old house.  This "shed" will be the party room, maybe a full kitchen with a garage door that rolls up so we can cook everything outside.  Should be easy, we'll have three fridges once we move.  All we need is a stove top, run some electricity, plumbing for water waste is only issue.
    My folks are partially interested in one of our extra bedroom sets, it is too big to use in Chubs' room, if they buy it, I can use that money to buy him a queen bedroom set, only a little smaller, but it will fit a lot easier in their smaller rooms.  Add to that, my father in law just bought my old F250.  It started giving me transmission problems, I don't know if it is serious, but I just put a new fuel pump and I am still paying a ~$2000 bill on Ford credit card.  I cannot keep putting money into the truck.  My father in law knows the problems, buyer beware.

No comments:

Post a Comment