Tuesday, June 23, 2015

6/24/15 The Happiest Place On Earth?

    Wife likes to put on her rose colored glasses when we come to Disney.  I don't doubt that the place is great as an over the top indulgance for our senses.  We do stick to the lamer rides, but we could push it if we wanted and fry our brains on a roller coaster in the dark, or maybe try a cigar at a humidor in Downtown Disney.
    The reality is most parents are frazzled by the second or third day, specially if they have a bunch of kids hanging off of them, saw one last night cussing at his table "I don't give a shit what you think you want, you're all getting chicken nuggets and that's that.  Wife was a little shocked, I thought this guy is a hero.  Who else would voluntarily bring that many kids to one of these parks?  My mother in law knows me at least 27 years and she too was shocked when I "lose it".  After I calmed down, I said sorry, BUT you know me, we didn't just meet for this trip, I have an asshole streak that I don't hesitate to let out, specially if I get stressed.
    Us guys should not be judged like you judge each other.  By percentages, more of the men walking around here are the good guys, the ones who love their families, who instead of blowing any extra money on themselves, plan these trips for the family.  What do I get of animatronics and weirdos dressed like cartoon characters?  I do it for Wife who loves this stuff and my boys, who still finds things to enjoy out here, even if Boy is trying his hardest to be Mr. Grown-up.
    My brother in law is here, his wife and their four kids, throw in his mother in law and another aunt, a niece and two nephews.... he is really bringing in the fun.  We went on one ride with them, Toy Story, and I guess they didn't pay attention to height requirements, but I was sure there would be trouble.  After standing in line for an hour and a half, we get to the docking port and it was 6 kids for them, all under 7-8 years old, and all his in laws stayed outside, I call bull-to-the-fucking-shit!!!  You bring kids, best be ready to help them ride.  My complaint is not at brother in law, but at his mother in law, aunt, niece, any of them could have helped with the extra kids.  You came to the park to sit in the heat?
    We are having an ok time, I am having to accept that people are different, my folks are used to the other parks, I can yell an "andale" (hurry) and people react.  This guys freeze up which is worse, what do you do when you want your group to go faster and their reaction is to pull in like a circle of scared gazelle?  Maybe I should eat the weakest one, teach the others to listen better.

No comments:

Post a Comment