Monday, June 29, 2015

6/29/15 The Mouse Done Gave Us A Good Shakedown?

    We were done with our last park yesterday, but we stayed an extra day, mostly to rest and reflect on the fun we had.  Chubs just came in to tell me he could do with a more expensive watch, apparently, his G-Shock isn't impressing him.  He too would like a +$1000 watch, crazy Baby.  His hat could be better he let me know, his baseball hat was alright, but he rocked a derby and a couple other hats and the boy looks good in all of them, Me? "mas puto" as George Lopez likes to say.  I tried a bunch of hats, I have always liked idea, I just can't pull it off, my head is too fat.
    The main reason we went back to Downtown Disney is that Boy wanted art for his room/apartment.  We've been working on idea of fixing up their rooms in my eye.  I want Boy to have a cool ass room.  He is comfortable enough having it look like a common teenager lives there.  So there was a painting he had told me about, I kind of agreed I liked it for his room.  The only thing left to disagree on was that he needed painting to be hung in his apartment.  I discussed fact that we have insurance, they don't.  If something happens to painting in our house, insurance would take care of it. If it disappeared in apartment, then bad guy wins, no replacement.  He called his roomies  who wanted nothing to do with anything that might be of value.  Funnier thing to me was that he had about $150, I was going to cough up rest.  I gave him $200 and told him, get it.  All of a sudden he wasn't so sure.  I said this will be yours, I'm not gonna keep it cause I'm paying for a bigger part of it.
    We walked all the way to end of Downtown  Disney  and I guess talk of art got me going.  There is a store which specializes  in Disney art and I guess I was  in the mood.  I bought 3-4 paintings which I will frame when I get the chance. 
    It was an uncomfortable day with heat, found myself looking for stuff just to stay distracted while sun went down.  Gelato from a store facing the sun going down is not great.  Large store with multiple departments  and large "ac" vents was better.  We stayed there a good while.
    Only way to end night any better was at a steak dinner.  We had dinner at Black Angus Steakhouse and it was perfect.  The restaurant itself was a little old and dated, but the food was terrific, if a little pricey.  But everything from the biscuit rolls to the filled mushroom caps, wings, to salad, potatoes and steaks were just yummy.  My newest discovery is that I can order an Arnold Palmer anywhere over here in Florida, and it even gets mentioned in the menu.  I've been making it for years by mixing  half lemonade and half tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment