Sunday, May 1, 2022

5/1/22 Family Dinner For Mom's Birthday and Their Anniversary?

     A week late, but it was still a go.  Mom's birthday was the week before and although we tried making plans for that Saturday, there were a couple of things going on, prom for my niece and it also was the one-year anniversary passing of my sister's mother-in-law.  We all agreed to push it forward a week and there we were yesterday.

    We ate at Chama Gaucho, a Brazilian restaurant in San Antonio.  I was pushing for the get together and thinking of a steak house like Salt Grass, nice but not a buffet.  Everyone in my family has strong opinions and since I am flexible, it wasn't my birthday, I told the group that they could choose the place.  I believe my mom and sister had a hand in deciding where to eat, this after my brother snapped at me, he thought I meant Salt Lick, which is in Austin, when I was suggesting Salt Grass.  My last mention on the restaurant was "y'all can pick, it doesn't matter to me.  Now, I do love the food at a Brazilian place, I do not like what the prices have been doing.  The prices were $60 a meal plus drinks.  We only paid for three (Wife, Mijo and Myself).  Boy and his GF went, but since he showed up on his own and he is making good money now, he paid for them two.  My ticket was still $242.

    The day was pretty much consumed by the event.  My plan had been to leave early and go to the Cantera Mall, I wanted to go look at the Omega store, possibly start planning for my next watch purchase next year.  I really just like looking at nice stuff, I know it would be stupid to buy another one right now.  My sister then got the genius idea that we should take a cake, even though they sell desserts there and with plenty of variety.  Being that she filled her day with baseball games, she left her idea on either me or my other brother, and since my other brother was driving in with dad and they come from the middle of nowhere, it pretty much meant I had to go look for a cake.  Once loaded with a cake, it seemed even less of a good idea to try and go to a mall and leave the cake to die in the heat in the car, just so I can go gawk at stuff I can't afford.

    We chilled at the house until right before 4:00pm, then we got going.  To our surprise, there was very little traffic and we got there in about an hour.  we were parked in the parking lot before 5:00pm and slowly, the rest of the family got there.  We were sat at exactly 5:28pm at our table, which was great, considering we had reservations for 5:30pm.  The meal was great, as I said.  I believe my folks had a good to great time, Boy finally spent some time sitting with his grandma and filled her in on all his current activities, and he has been busy.  Time went by fast, between talking and eating the assorted meats they kept bringing.  I finished my meal with a slice of cake and a cup of coffee.

    We excused ourselves and slowly, we all left.  I had Wife drive us back, I drove on the way there.  I was sure I was going to zone out, but the drive was pleasant, we talked the whole way and even pulling into Austin, Wife suggested ice cream, I don't know why, but we found ourselves going to Culver's and getting a little treat.  I just got a small chocolate cone, and we got home, probably by 9:30pm.  I then napped on and off until 1:00am.  Wife was watching her usual crappy shows until then.

No comments:

Post a Comment