Thursday, May 12, 2022

5/12/22 Boy Is Graduating?

     It has been a long time coming, not to be mean or cheeky, but the day is here, and we are proud of Boy.  He will be graduating from Texas State University with a degree in Engineering.  I should know which discipline, but his interests fluctuate so much, I can't pin him down.  He has been working at Applied Materials for over a year, and he does what a mechanical engineer would do, assembling wire harnesses and powering systems as his main responsibility, so I think that is his title.  But then he tells me he wants to apply for other jobs requiring him to do more coding and computer work, so I don't want to say.

    He is and has always been "nerdy" in the best way.  He loves tinkering and taking things apart to understand how they work.  We have a room dedicated to his hobby which is 3D printing and over the last few years, he has even managed to make some money by creating things for various customers.  He says Covid shut it down, there just hasn't been the same type of exposure since everyone went into hiding, but he is hoping things start up again.  I believe he even has a new 3d printer on order and will eventually come and be added to the other printers already here.

    It was a bit hard to see him moving out, I had loved having my boys under our roof to keep an eye on them, but I had to accept that he is fast approaching 30 and with a serious girlfriend, he is getting ready to make the next move in his life.  They have been living together and although I would prefer, they were at least talking marriage, they seem happy and that has to be good enough right now.

    Today will be a celebration of our Boy, his graduation is from 2:00pm-5:00pm on campus.  We are going to Salt Lick after and most of the family will be showing up.  The hard part is that he was only able to get 12 tickets to attend the graduation ceremony, so some of the family is skipping this part and just meeting us at the restaurant.

    I am not sure what else the day has planned for us, but this is exciting enough.  I don't know that I like it being a Thursday, I prefer things like this be on the weekend, but this does free up the weekend to relax afterwards.  Speaking off, I do have to run off and get myself showered.

No comments:

Post a Comment