Sunday, May 8, 2022

5/8/22 Another Birthday Celebration In San Antonio?

     As I was saying in the last blog, this weekend was my mother-in-law's turn to celebrate her birthday, which meant another run to San Antonio.  I like SA, it isn't really that far away, but it is a little rough going early, like they like to do.  The upside of doing things early is we do get the rest of the day to do what we want to.  We got to the restaurant right at 10:00am, like they wanted, and the whole rest of the family was already sitting down, the only ones missing once we got there, were Boy and his GF.  They arrived about 10-15 minutes after we did.

    We got together at Mi Familia at The Rim, a sister restaurant to the famed Mi Tierra, which is located downtown.  The restaurant impressed me as we walked inside, the ceilings were decorated in gold foil hanging and swaying to the breeze, it made it look very bright and cheerful.  I also noticed after a while, they had live music, at least two guitars and a singer, when I looked over in that room, we were in a more private secondary room, in the restaurant.  They also had a long display case with plenty of pan dulce, which I had to get some to try, at the end of our meal.

    I want to say everything was great, everyone was in good spirits, the coffee was great, but maybe we could have chosen a better plate.  Wife and I chose the Parilla for two.  It sounded perfect, with fajitas, beef ribs, sausages, pollo al carbon (grilled chicken) and even a chile relleno (stuffed pepper with cheese).  The beef ribs dominated the platter, but they aren't great, no matter how much people rave online about how good they are, beef ribs are not a good part of the cow.  The rest was all fine, I really liked the cheese stuffed in the chile, it had a lot of flavor and was all melted and gooey.

    I was surprised there was no cake, but that was alright.  After the meal, we took some pictures outside, as is customary with these people, and off we went.  I finally got a chance to go to the Omega store and look at what watches they had in store.  I happened to fall into the same sales guy we had last time we went there and bought Boy his graduation watch.  He was mildly shocked to find out the watch we bought almost 8 months ago still has not seen the light of day outside.  I told him our son will graduate this week and then he gets to have his watch.  His mouth was kind of open as he tried processing that.  We looked around, I saw one watch I liked for Baby A, it was a Speedmaster as well, but it was slightly smaller and had brown tones.  I thought it matched Mijo and his brown conservative personality quite well.  After getting my fill of watches, we went home and relaxed the rest of the day.



No comments:

Post a Comment