Tuesday, May 24, 2022

5/24/22 What Is The Solution For All These Shooting Incidents?

     If I know our government, they will try to make laws to prohibit the owning of more guns, that is what they know, make rules to control the masses.  If they can somehow add in a tax and make a little money in the process, then they really call it a win.  The problem with these types of laws is that criminals don't follow the rules, they find ways to get guns anyway.

    Most criminals are going to be repeat offenders, so in that, they shouldn't or aren't allowed to own guns, but guess what?  Criminals are the one group that will ignore rules and laws they don't agree with.  What is the worst that happens to someone caught with an illegal gun?  Maybe if we really did something, like cut off their hands, at least makes it harder to shoot a gun, if not teach them not to touch them.

    There is no doubt going to be a call to ban guns, there always is, but it isn't good people committing crimes with guns.  I was very much against guns growing up, but then there just came a time when I felt like I should be able to protect my house and family, if ever the time comes.  I have had at least one gun in my house for the last 10 years, and how many people have I killed?  None, I respect life, and the only way I would use one against another person would be if I had to in self-defense.  The idea that if we ban all guns, then we'll be safe is the reason Chicago and New York are out of control with the crime.  According to what I have heard, it is very hard to legally own a firearm.  Guess who doesn't give two shits whether they have all the paperwork?  That's right, criminals.  They do pretty much whatever they want.

    It is counter intuitive, but if everyone had a gun, then people would be forced to respect the situation and possibility that acting the fool might get you shot, even by the little old lady that seems so sweet and innocent.  I feel that if a handful of teachers want to get some sort of training and then be allowed to carry a firearm, then that would be something to at least try.  We already have plenty of data showing what happens when a group of people are knowingly unarmed.  They get bullied and harassed by assholes with illegal guns, that is just facts.

    In this day and age, force should be met with force, level the playing field.  At the very least, having teachers armed would decrease the time before an active shooter would be met with real resistance.  Knowing that all you can do is try to hide and shield the children you work with every day and love, to an extent, is a very weak position to be in.  I would hate to find myself in that position.

No comments:

Post a Comment