Sunday, September 8, 2019

9/8/19 LSU Outlasts Longhorns In A Dual Of Quarterbacks, I Guess?

    We did everything we could have to prepare for the game Saturday night.  My folks are in town and that almost always means a trip to the mall, as my mom loves going to the mall about as much as I do.  Wife spent the day in classes at Texas State, so she was out of reach all day.  I got up super early, as usual, to walk Wife out to her car and to write.  While I did that, I thought it would be nice of me to let Girlie's dog out so he could pee and do whatever early.  I swear I kept an eye on him as I sat on the kitchen table I have a window with a view of the yard.  Before I knew it, the stupid dog got out of the fenced area and took off for a run.  I called the owners and they were so troubled, they made their way home around 10:00pm, they are not the greatest pet owners.  Just when I have told them and even walked around our side of the street to get to the gazebo in the greenbelt and even to the park where a group of people working out told me the dog was walking around there in the woods, the dog showed back up in the back yard like it wasn't ever gone.  He must have been gone for an hour and a half, maybe two hours, but it came back by 10:00am.
    My folks were up by then and I told my mom if she wanted to go tot the mall, I could get ready.  She said she felt lazy and if I was in a rush she would rather go alone later.  I said no, I would rather go take a nap, I was up until 2:00am and woke up at 6:30am.  I went to bed around 11:00am and slept until 1:30pm, when Javalina came and woke me.  We got out to the mall, he got a new case for his phone, his broke way too quickly, but Grandma treated him to a new case.  We then went to Dillard's, she wanted to buy my brother a couple shirts since he started working as a teacher, she wants him looking spiffy.  She bought me 2-3 shirts too, because it was my birthday a couple weeks ago.  We then gave her a chance to go look for herself and she got a few things and we made our way out of the mall.  We got to HEB by 4:00pm, got all sorts of meats for grilling and sodas and chips and dips.  I thought it was a good combo of food and snacks.  I started the grill before the game, so we could be eating earlier than normal for my dad who is always going on about his sugar levels and blames us for eating too late.
    I can't say much about the game, the first half was a mess, Texas could have scored twice but did not.  I was watching the first half attentively, but all we could see was Texas losing ground,w by halftime the score was 20-7.  We ate right before the half and then I had to go poop and shower.  I turned on the tiny TV in the bathroom and saw the Horns start to look like they would make a comeback.  I came back down and basically slept through the end of the game.  Wife told me to go upstairs and I went up not arguing and just slept for about two hours.  I woke after 1:00am to find my boys had gone to the movies together, so I stayed up writing my blog waiting for them.  They showed up around 1:30am and Javalina was wound up from the intensity of the "scary movie".

No comments:

Post a Comment