Saturday, September 28, 2019

9/28/19 Slow Weekend?

    I finally feel like I came into a weekend prepared to get ahead of it.  I worked a long week, but I got up with the voice of Wife in my ears and quickly, even before picking up Javalina from school, changed the sheets on the bed, 4 weeks is probably too long for the sheets to be on the bed, they were starting to smell alive.  I then went down, got a load going in the wash, and then started sweeping the floor with 10 minutes before having to pick up my boy at 5:00pm.  This was followed by a quick Swiffer mop and then away to pick up.
    Javalina was ready and we stopped at Bill Miller for a quick lunch.  I have been trying to do Atkins and only had a salad.  While we sat there, I discussed with Javalina about cutting the grass, at least in the front and he pissed and moaned like a baby.  Of course, the front is kind of small and he was done cutting it in about 15 minutes.  I then followed behind trimming the edges.  All the while, I keep an ear out for the washer and keep moving loads, slowly but surely.  Javalina then pushed me to go for a run with him, I said I can't run with my bad knee and so he settled for me walking.  I did not want to do it, but I was glad afterwards, even if I was in pain the rest of the night.  I washed clothes until 1:00am or so, way after Wife got home.  The best part was that I did all the chores, so she had nothing to bust our balls over.
    Saturday morning was a little rough, I probably was up until 5:30am, I stayed up watching HGTV and ironing the boy's shirts until 3:00am and then went downstairs to attempt to write this, but only managed to sit there and fall asleep while watching some YouTube videos.  I went to bed at 5:30am because I knew we had to get up about noon for a 1:00pm appointment.  I got up at 10:00 am and attempted to write the blog then, but was a little distracted by Boy and his GF who were sitting here chatting away about nothing in particular.
    I then went upstairs and took a quick shower so I could get dressed for our appointment.  I always hate arriving and being greeted by dumb people.  Instead of just taking our name and figuring who we were seeing, the lady asked me who we were supposed to see.  Wife mentioned a name and of course the receptionist had no idea who I meant.  I then gave her my name and with that she was able to match us with a lady in her office.  This was the same lady who helped us last year.  We had a notice from the IRS that said we had a mistake on our taxes and we owed another $3200.  The lady did some magic on a form and said we were cool for now, until the IRS sends another letter, hopefully saying everything is cool.
    The only thing to do after is have lunch and we then picked up Javalina from the house and went out and enjoyed some Tarka which was very good, if a little pricey,

No comments:

Post a Comment