Saturday, September 14, 2019

9/14/19 They Still Sell Barbies?

    Earlier in the week, Wife told me I was to go to Walmart on Thursday and buy her a new Barbie coming out, celebrating the Dia De Los Muertos (Day of the Dead).  I just chuckled and said when, you know I need to sleep as it is Javalina's game day and I'll be having to drive to Manor and back alone.  Well, it turned out that Javalina had a late start today, classes weren't starting until 10:00am, I still don't understand why they do this, most parents work, we can't be stutter stepping and moving the time around when they want the kids in school or not.
    I should be staying until about 8:30am, but everybody is telling me that everyone else does whatever they need to do, to just go and not be so hard on myself.  Since I was just risking falling asleep this morning, I took off right at 8:00am and went straight to Walmart.  By the time I found a lady that looked like she knew how to put sentences together, she said I was the 3rd or 4th person that morning asking about the Barbie, but they did not have them.  I looked online and the story article on USA Today said they were to be released today.  It was Walmart, they could just be sitting on a pallet in the back somewhere, so I figured I'd try Target, which I consider a notch better anyway.  I talked to 2-3 store employees and they all talked to each other with their walkie talkies and nobody knew anything of the dolls, although they did hear they were supposed to get them.
    While at Target, I saw a big ole Barbie box and it had Maui from Moana, along with Moana as a pair and I had to buy the box for Wife.  The coaches have called Javalina Maui and I would be alright if that became his new nickname on the field, Maui is a demigod, after all.  The funniest thing is that the "doll" is wider than any doll I have ever seen.  He has the big crazy hair and is as wide as 2 twelve ounce cans side by side.  Wife got a kick when she saw it.
    I tried looking at Amazon and even E-bay after trying Target and Walmart online.  Ebay had several options for the doll, from $140 to $599.  It is supposed to retail for $79.99, those prices seem a little ridiculous.  I might go as high as $100, but more than that for a doll is crazy.  I don't know what to figure, I looked again at all the websites and nobody seems to be offering them, so I don't know why they announced they would be out today.  When a video game is announced out on a specific day, it is available to the public on that day.  I'll keep looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment