Thursday, September 12, 2019

9/12/19 Teaser Weather?

    The last two days have been the nicest since sometime last spring.  I am not saying it is time to let the old air conditioners rest, but soon.  We have had higher than normal chances of rain this week and they have resulted in afternoon showers.  Unfortunately for Javalina, his after school football practices have been cancelled the last two days, partially because of thunderstorms but also because of rain.  The funny part is that he calls me to go get him early on Monday and I am wondering why, It was cooler outside but everything was dry in our neighborhood.  By the time I got to his school, I could tell that they had seen some considerable rain as the streets were soaked and although it was 94 in our driveway, much cooler than lately, it was 80 over by his school, that is just awesome.
    I don't think the cooler weather is here to stay, today should be a warm one, but at least the forecast doesn't have 100's listed anymore.  I was starting to worry that our air conditioner might be going out as it was having trouble cooling the upstairs of our house, looking at the temperature, even around 1:00am sometimes it would still be holding unto 78, which is not as cool as it sounds.  The magic, where the room feels cool happens at 76 (at least on our thermometer), although I have been trying 75 and even 74 knowing I will pay for it when we get the light bill.  With the attic not absorbing that 100 plus temperature all afternoon, the last two nights have felt cold upstairs, to the point I might have to adjust the thermometer up, ahh, northern people problems.
    Along with the cooler weather I also noticed since I have been coming in to work at 8:00pm that the days are getting shorter.  By the time I am driving in at 8:10-8:20, the sun is about gone and I am arriving at work in the dark.  I know that a shorter day means less time for the sun to sit there and bake us out, so I welcome that with open arms.  I really want a cold front to come and get us into some 70s weather for highs, that is the best time of year.  I love saving some money by opening the windows and enjoying that night chilly air we are fixing to see.  That has to be one of the best benefits to leaving in a house where the bedrooms are all upstairs.  We can all open our windows and let the house breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment