Monday, September 23, 2019

9/23/19 Running In Place, Still Falling Behind?

    They say it is always darkest before the light comes back, man, lately it feels that way with our finances.  We decided to get our shit together financially about four years ago.  We decided no more new cars, new toys (boats, RVs), we have even cut out vacations and for those who know us, even more than half of or credit cards we have paid off and gotten rid of.
    I keep feeling like the end is near, I would really like to get me a new truck, but of course, I don't really need it, the Excursion is still running fine, and with our new philosophy, we don't want to run out and just piss away money because as the dummies on FB say "you deserve it."  So, I will keep waiting until we see a theoretical excess of money left over from what we make.  We shouldn't be living on the edge where we spend every dime we make to survive month to month.  as much as we make, there should be some leftover, but because I have constantly wanted, we have been pushed to living this way.
    So, now we are as close as we can get to having accomplished this new lifestyle and we keep getting things (I guess life), in the way.  A couple months ago it was Boy getting mono which with E/R visits cost us about $2,000, and we have insurance.  Then it was Javalina who went in for a routine teeth cleaning only to find out he needed an "emergency root canal", that was another $891.  We said ok, luckily, I had gotten a bonus and Wife had gotten a bonus over the summer, these two things pretty much ate what we had as our buffer.  Last week, I had a little round scab, well it came off after I toweled myself dry and blood starts shooting out with force.  Not knowing what else to do, I ended up in the E/R, I haven't even gotten a bill, but you know it's going to be another chunk of change.  Now, after thinking no mas, we get it, we deserve or belong living paycheck to paycheck, the big IRS sent us a letter that we owe them more money, $3200, to be exact.  We might be able to dodge this one as we do use H&R Block and we do pay for their insurance where they take care of any overages.  I hope they come thru.
    Man, I am scared as to what else can happen negatively now?  I want to dream of either a new boat, the boys would rather we re-do the backyard with a "real concrete" pool, Wife yesterday said she wouldn't mind someday getting another RV, so basically we want a return to around 2008, but without the debt.
    I will just stay positive and not give up on our dream.  Wife is pursuing more school to make a move upwards, Boy is about done, so he should at least take over payment of his vehicle in the spring sometime.  Slowly, but surely, the clouds will lift and maybe by next summer, we will be enjoying some summer sun, maybe we can even afford a vacation by next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment