Monday, September 2, 2019

9/2/19 Labor Day Weekend?

    We know we back in school now.  This is the first of many little breaks that the schools have.  Javalina, and Wife have the day off, so it was a long weekend for them.  I am working, because I am greedy.  I was told I had a choice because the holiday is on Monday and my workweek starts on Monday night.  Usually, there isn't much work, so I don't mind showing up.
    We talked of doing this and that, we almost headed up to the coast to see some lots, but I decided that was a bad idea.  I don't want to fall in love with some spot I am not planning on buying for another year or two.  Who's to say it would still be available?  Plus, with a looming hurricane in the Atlantic and headed yet again to Florida, do I want something a hurricane might take away from me?
    Boy showed up sometime Sunday afternoon from his latest comic convention, I went down for my afternoon nap at 3:00pm and he was here at 5:30pm, when I woke.  We chatted about his trip for a bit, how the Kubone hat/helmet was a complete hit as countless people stopped them to try and take pictures with them.. He said this would be the last convention for awhile and I hope so.  He really needs to focus on his classes and finish that out.  I can see the degree on the boy, but it doesn't count until the school sees it.
    I decided to accept that we have an old fence that needs work and I went and bought more pickets, even though I replaced about 15 now.  I bought another 5 and they go fast.  Two more had already fallen plus there are a handful that are broken but still screwed in tight.  I replaced the most important looking ones as the HOA has a hard on for my fence right now.  I plan on replacing the fence, but at my schedule, not theirs.  I can do the work, but I am not doing it in 100 degree heat.  It'll be done maybe in the spring before the humidity gets ugly.
    Staying in the back yard, I have been ignoring the pool for sometime, just as I wrote that a baby squirrel fell into the pool making waves and splashing which Wife noticed.  We went outside to see it climb out from a hose and start climbing back up the palm tree from which it fell out of.  They squeek pretty loud for their size.  The pool water has been a light green most of the summer, I just hate going out there and dealing with it when nobody cares to get in.  Ehh, a new fill up of chlorine pucks and running the pump a couple days and it should clean right up.  I just need to spend the five minutes geting it going.
   And finally, my brother in law talked to a realtor friend of his and said we could put our land up for $19,000.  I am including the RV, mostly because I don't want to deal with it anymore.  If anything, I'll sell to my nephew for $1000, I just don't want any loose ends right now.  You too can have it for $1000, just so you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment