Friday, September 13, 2019

9/13/19 Manor Made My Men Melt?

    Everything up until kickoff was good about this game.  It was in Manor, which is about 40 minutes from the house, using the toll roads.  I love getting on the toll roads because they hardly have people on them and the speed limit is 80, roads for the rich indeed.  I was a little confused in my head about the weather, it said very clearly in the Excursion that it was 100 degrees when I left the house, but even after I got off and ended up sitting with the sun on my back, it was not that hot.  It felt more like 88 and then got cooler as it got darker.  As far as the game....
    The defense came out like gangbusters, stopping them on their first drive in 3 plays.  They punted and naturally, the guy catching the ball, didn't.  He fumbled it.  The defense stopped them again on four downs, so no punt.  On the first or second play, the running back fumbled the ball back to them, by then on about the 20 yard line, so they were able to score.  The fumbles continued, he either had the ball stripped or he lost it about five times.  The kid acting as the quarterback is not a quarterback and in this day and age you cannot fake it.  Javalina had his worst game and he admitted it.  After the game he said that he had tiny guys in front of him and they were too fast to try to block.  I told him little guys don't belong in the trenches, you have to fall on them to hurt them and get them the fuck out.  I don't mean in a cheating way, but linemen are supposed to be big and kind of slow, if the coach wants to sneak in 120 pounders, they should pay by having the 250 pounders fall on top of them a couple times.
    I hate to say anything about the referees, they do the game voluntarily, but man, it seemed like they favored the home boys.  There were obvious tripping calls, weird formation calls, even in the 8th grade game I was forced to sit through because I got bad information on start  times, I thought the referees were unfairly moving the ball every time they spotted a play.  I don't think it matters anyhow, until the team finds a decent quarterback, they are in trouble.  Javalina keeps saying the real quarterback is coming back but he is not clear on what that means.
    It was a little disheartening at IHOP after the game.  We talked about it on the drive from his school, Wife showed up as tomorrow she goes to Jourdanton and figured it was the same distance from either over there or here.  Boy also joined us, surprisingly, he wasn't with Sweetie.  I guess the frustration of losing week in and week out got to him and he started lashing out at us, but most savagely at Mama.  We weren't making fun of him because his mood was not that, we could tell he was hurting because there was nothing good in this game, I don't think he had a tackle and those tiny midgets used as defensive linemen sacked the QB so many times.  He ended up saying something like "what negative shit are you going to say about my grades now, mom?  It's all you do."
    Wife cannot take language like that.  It is disrespectful, for sure, but I understand that he is upset at himself and he probably feels overwhelmed.  I do not take it personally and I quickly got on him, reminding him that we are all here for you.  I go to every game, bought you all that extra weight equipment, I work out with you, your mom allowed the stuff to be put in the living room and she does everything she can to support you too.  Even your brother is here eating with you on a Thursday when you know he would rather be with Sweetie playing grab-ass.  We have done nothing wrong here and neither have you.  It is that you are on a bad team and without a quarterback who can make plays out there, you can't be successful.  I swear it was the first time I have seen him get tearful and maybe regretted attacking his mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment