Friday, February 9, 2018

2/9/18 Acknowledge A-hole?

    What is it with people nowadays that they can't extend the courtesy of looking up while crossing the street?  it is one of my pet peeves, like at a crossing station (maybe in front of Target), where cars and humans intersect.  If I am in my 6000 pound SUV pointed at you and you don't bother to at least look up real quick, or wave to say I see you, you see me, then if you do get run over, part of the blame is yours.
    From the position of the driver you'll just say "I am real sorry, my bad."  From the position of the walker, well flat tortilla people don't talk, they just bleed and die.  At my work, we recently sold one of the buildings to the Mexican Consulate, so now during the day there are tons of Mexicans walking in and out of that building.  I notice they have a hard time establishing eye contact, they just look down.  This is not safe.  Is this problem a cultural thing, then?
    I would be happier if they were on their phones, at least that tells me they do have a brain and they can think for themselves.  If you are on the phone we can also say "yup, that is an important asshole who can't acknowledge because he is more important than I.  But with no phone and no looking up, we are left thinking brainless? stupid? lost? Shy?  Anyways, it is extremely rude not to look up.  We have to slow down and wait for you to meander your way through our path and we have to sit patiently and watch you like you are an exotic animal out in the savannah.
    I try not to walk out in the real world, when we do like two weeks ago when we went to the boat show downtown, I am a nervous mess.  I hate the idea that we could get plowed down by some idiot trying to get attention from a pack of hot biotches walking close to us.  You can see it happens real easy with high horsepower cars and trucks driven by low IQ humans.  They step on the gas and the rear of the car goes sideways, they try to correct which makes the car go the other way and now he's fishtailing and he'll go crash on either side of the street.
    Whenever I have to step on the actual street, first I make sure my companions are paying attention.  The second step is I look towards where vehicles might come from and establish a line of sight.  Once I see a driver, I like to see that he sees us, he is not distracted with his phone or the paper, his kids, spouse, or whatever other BS.  Once I see that we understand each other, then I feel safe to move on.  I just wonder about some people, they give their life over to some random driver who they don't even bother looking at.  Oh well, we have too many stupid people.  If we lose some this way, I get we're still thinning the herd.

No comments:

Post a Comment