Wednesday, February 14, 2018

2/14/18 Valentine's Day?

    Finally, a win for the big guy since Wife is out of town on this most special holiday.  Instead of running around like an ass looking for something nice to, I don't know, prove my love, I can wait until the 15th, since I won't see my Sweetheart until Friday and get her a big box of chocolates I end up eating, for probably 50% off.
    This is a totally tool holiday, with the teddy bears, and the roses, and the chocolates.  I am glad for the most part, Wife has always commandeered this holiday and she makes a special dinner, as it always feels like it falls on a school night.  All I have to do is buy the generic heart box and I am off the hook.  I would actually enjoy getting Wife some nice jewelry here and there, but she don't dig it, unless her mom gives it to her.  I have never been a fan of this, but what are you gonna do?  Her mom did work at Zales for a decade, so she got great discounts and got to see everything coming in carefully.
    At this point, I have some boxes of chocolates at the house for the boys that Wife got Sunday before she left.  We went to HEB and got them heart boxes before she left for the week.  She wanted to get some sirloin steaks they were cutting heart shaped but I reminded her I don't cook during the week.  At 13 and 23, I don't know that I have to be hiding shit Santa style, but I guess years of training got me doing what I do.
    I guess it is cool that Wife has always been low key.  I don't need to get her big flashy jewelry that she wouldn't wear to prove anything.  At this point, she doesn't even wear a  wedding ring, but neither do I, so whatever.  All these things are distractions for other idiots to think they have a better relationship than we do.  At this point, I know who I belong to, nobody else will have me, and that is ok.
    Wife did say we are going to BBQ on Friday as our Valentine celebration.  As long as we are home, I don't mind whatever she wants to call a celebration.  Plus, meat on the grill always kicks ass.  Happy Valentine's Day, may somebody squeeze your sqeezables tonight, that's what they are for.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment