Tuesday, February 6, 2018

2/7/18 Is TruGreen For Real?

    I have always loved the idea of a perfect lawn and I have even seen a couple of houses in our neighborhood with them.  I get a little jealous, but then I figure I am not going to put in more than I already do, which is maybe cut the grass twice a month and that is about it.  Saturday afternoon as we were leaving a very big boy, about my size actually, came up walking on the sidewalk saying he was checking in on his customers in the neighborhood and asked if we had a few minutes to talk lawn.  I gave him half an ear as I was already seated in the car but slow Wife could not get in the car fast enough and she actually stopped to say hi to him instead of doing the scowl face like any normal biotch would do and avoid human interaction.
    Anyways, once I started hearing the guy, I liked what he had to say.  He started explaining that all the green grass we see right now is invasive and it will try and choke out the remaining St Augustine grass that we have, so they come around and treat the yard right now, and feed it so when it is time for the grass to wake up in the spring, it'll be stronger and competing with less invasive competition.  You can tell when someone likes what they do or really knows , this guy wasn't just moonlighting selling the service, grass seemed to be his passion.  Looking at our yard, I said "don't tell me, I am going to need to start with a whole new yard before we can see the right grass growing in here."  He assured us our yard wasn't that bad, it just need some attention.  I guess I dropped my guard after that.  His offer was also only $29.95 and we will get two treatments of the yard.  This is why I was buying a new hose and sprinklers the day before, the chemicals need to be soaked into the ground once they are sprayed or applied.
    I had seen their ads on our doors before and I assumed they were a grass cutting business, but they don't even do this, just feed the grass for health's sake.  I decided to say OK.  He is guaranteeing the work.  If we are not satisfied, we get our money back so what could go wrong.  If this is what it takes to get my lawn looking like a TV lawn, then I am all for it.  , Because we live where we live, I asked if they treated for fire ants.  He said they could but it is an extra charge.  About $100 for a one year guarantee treatment and we won't see any.  That is when the dream starts becoming what I have always wanted.  I like the idea of walking barefoot through a thick bed of St. Augustine grass, which I remember having for a time in our house growing up but it dwindled away too because my parents didn't know how to take care of it.  I told the guy first let's see if you can make the grass look like what it's supposed to look like.  If you can do that, then I won't mind paying extra to get rid of fire ants or whatever other charges you come up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment