Wednesday, February 21, 2018

2/21/18 Trying To Read More?

    I have to admit I have been wasting tons of hours on Snapchat and other programs probably designed to keep people stupid.  It starts out innocently enough on Facebook, but before you know it, I'll be creeping through Instagram, looking at watches I can't afford and pretty much same with the girls.  I need to probably remove these programs or get stronger mentally.  I am going to try and get back to reading more.
    Last time I said that, I went to Half Price Books and bought about five books, mostly Bukowski, but also some atheist reading material to keep it varied.  I have now read about four books from Bukowski and I do love his raunchiness and blatant disregard for being politically correct.  He keeps referring to raping any woman he sees that he finds attractive.  This has got to do with the times, because that kind of activity would not fly in this day and age, or would it?  In the right company I guess you can still tell a girl "I'm a give you a raping" and they'll just laugh it off as you grope them like they are a tube of toothpaste.  This latest book is a collection of short stories and I guess when I started reading it, I wasn't in the right frame of mind because it wasn't clicking, but I picked it up earlier this week and started reading from wherever I had bent the page and it had me laughing in seconds.
    I still think I would like to try my hand at writing a book, but maybe doing it with a bunch of short stories is easier and a better way to stay focused on a subject.  Filling a page is not a hard task anymore as I have been doing that daily now for over three years.  Choosing a subject and staying on it is probably the bigger challenge at this point.  There also doesn't seem to be enough hours in the day to focus and tune out the family, unless I tell myself I will only write at night, but even then, work leaves me beat up and all I want to do on the weekends is sleep.
    Snapchat just changed its format and it seems like the perfect time to wean myself off of it.  They want to weigh the celebrity stories as just as interesting as the people we know.  Sorry, but the Kardashians can all suck a D, who cares what they do and why must we be updated about them?  This is why I think these apps are for stupid people.  Who possibly sits around wondering what certain people do?  They eat and shit just like the rest of us, maybe in nicer houses, but who cares.

No comments:

Post a Comment