Saturday, February 17, 2018

2/17/18 Busy Friday Afternoon With Some Big News From DD?

    Earlier in the week, Wife suggested we should grill tonight.  Foolishly, I thought this would be good, as we would not be leaving the house to go eat when she arrived, which varies from a rare 6:00pm to a more normal 9:30pm.  What I forget is that with her not in town, I have to do the bulk of the work.  To make it a little more fun, she also added a "better than sex cake" to the list.  This would be fine if she remembered to run out the doors from her work at 4:30pm when she officially gets out, but most days she stays until 6:00pm which when you add the three hours of road time equals her getting here after 9:00pm.
    We hadn't grilled with her in a while, I mean we still grill most weekends, but it's on Sundays after she leaves.  I wanted to make it special, and yet keep up with everything else.  I had told Javalina I would take him to Best Buy on Friday, his brother generously promised him $40 if he got all A's and B's.  He had a wad of money burning a hole in his hand.  This then meant that for me to go to HEB and keep my promise of Best Buy, I would have to get up earlier than normal, so I did.  I headed to HEB at 2:15pm.  I got mostly everything, from bombers to wings.  I cannot believe how expensive beef has gotten, but I didn't feel like eating swine.  I still got a package of pig parts and a couple with beef.  I almost forgot the whole cake thing which had me spinning around looking for banana pudding, then white/yellow cake mix, then crushed pineapples, and a small baggie of crushed pecans.  I have this incredible gift of picking the slowest freaking customer in the store and lining up behind them when paying.  There was one lady and even though she had already paid for most of her crap, she was going to pay for the last item with loose change from the bottom of her bag.
    Once done, I rushed home, had Boy waiting to help me put the food away, went back, picked up Javalina from school, and headed to Best Buy.  He got a 12 month subscription to one of the gaming systems and we headed back home.  We usually eat at this time and I guess my system was ready to go, we got back and I had to poop and shower, right on cue.  By this time, it is 5:30 and Wife tells me she is just leaving work.  She was not happy with the little windows when she peeks into the classrooms, she went through and cleaned all of them with Windex so she could peek at her teachers better.  Either that or she was finishing some Powerpoint presentation so she wouldn't have homework, like she doesn't enjoy getting on the computer to mess around with her work, all the time.
    At this point, I got some big news, DD came in telling me he had good news and bad news.  He paid me the rent for February, a little late, but that's ok, and he said he was moving out next month.  This hurts, I like having the boy around, he fits right in with Javalina's rough and tumble ways, they box just about every day, and he has been one of Boy's closest friends since 7th grade.  He says he found a cheap apartment out by Cabela's, and he is going to try it out with the girlfriend, see how it goes.  I told him I was happy for him, it seems like the next step, she sleeps here at least 2-3 times a week.  I also said if it doesn't work out, get your ass back over here, I do enjoy your money.
    I started the grill, made the cake, tossed in some potatoes in foil, then started a cheese bowl that didn't work out, started the wings, and sweetbreads, then gradually put in the rest of the meat, as I kept adding to the cake, first pineapples on the cake surface, then banana pudding, then bananas, then whipped cream, all the while washing the dishes I was using.
    Wife got here just as everything is about ready to come off the grill, Javalina had four friends spending the night, which we fed first, then we sat down to eat.  I was tired and my legs were sore from being up all day, I missed my naptimes.  Of course, Wife acts like she is in control now, I just want to sit and enjoy the meat I just ate, but nope.  Help me with the dishes, the trash needs to be taken out, I don't like that blanket on the floor.... I finally went opossum and fell asleep sitting on my chair in front of computer, so she would leave me alone.  How about just a simple thanks for dinner?

No comments:

Post a Comment