Saturday, February 10, 2018

2/11/18 Happy Belated Birthday, Babe?

    Today felt like a long day, specially for us who haven't been doing much lately.  It was Wife's birthday and although we didn't have much in the way of plans, I still kind of knew we were going to be in San Antonio most of the day.  A couple weeks ago at the boat show, she "won" a Carnival Cruise for 2 at their booth. All we needed to do was go listen to a pitch which I was pretty sure it was going to be a timeshare of some sort or another, even as they swore it wasn't.
    I got up at 10:30am thinking I could enjoy a cup of coffee with some cookies and internet while Wife slept until noon, but no.  Javalina came downstairs like a man with a mission and asked what we were going to make mama for breakfast?  I said uhh, I cooked last weekend, I wasn't planning on making anything other than my cup of coffee.  I said we could go get barbacoa for tacos at Taco Cabana, and then we can make some eggs on the side.  He liked that idea so he stared at me waiting for me to get up.  I was hoping to finish my cup of coffee but he wasn't going to sit there and wait.  We went, only to find out they don't sell barbacoa anymore, we chose their dozen breakfast tacos in a box and that worked out just as well.
    After this, I went up, shaved my head as I was starting to look a little sloppy, and then showered and dressed.  We were on the road right on time, if we were aiming to get there right at three with no interruptions.  I don't know how, but even with a five minute stop for gas, we made it to the pitch place right at 3:00pm.  We went in to listen to what they had to say and of course it sounded great, but we do have the experience of getting burned once with buying a timeshare.  We looked at each other and we both managed to say no.  We collected our paperwork for the cruise which we have 18 months to use plus our deposit of $40 which we had left at the boat show and took off.  We were both amazed that they actually let us go that quick.  We were back on the road before 4:00pm.
    We got to Wife's folks house and greeted them and sat around and talked for a bit.  I had a cup of coffee, excused myself to use the bathroom and upon seeing my old lover, their bed, I laid down for awhile and napped until we left, close to 7:00pm  We had been waiting for Wife's brother and his family, they were at an all day tournament.  I am so glad my boys are not into these sports that eat up entire weekends, wow.  We all met up at El Chaparral and had the usual which is a big plate of mixed fajitas, refried beans, rice, guacamole, and sides with tortillas.  I remember that tray used to be a lot bigger, but it still left us all filled up.  We ate some birthday cake which my in-laws remembered to buy, sang Happy Birthday with help from the restaurant staff and wrapped up a pretty nice day for Wife, I would say.  After dinner, we hugged everybody and got on the road.  We arrived back in Austin at our home by around 11:00pm.  Wife opened up her gift from us, another Coach bag and she thanked her boys as we all ran to the bathrooms.  Now it's just a matter of seeing if the ole testosterone shots let the lil Mando give Wife his own style of celebration.  Love you, Babe.

No comments:

Post a Comment