Sunday, February 4, 2018

2/4/18 Looking At The Future?

    Today was a very chill day with no plans or things to rush to.  We got up around 11:00am and thought about where to go eat.  I told Wife I wouldn't mind going to see some houses if we don't have anything else to do.  Surprisingly, Javalina said he was wanting to go do that too.  Honestly, I love my house, I just don't like seeing "ne'er do wells" walking the neighborhood and then we have a greenbelt in the back with a nice gazebo but all it manages to do is act as a gathering place for the kids that play hooky from Akins High School.  If that wasn't enough, we believe some of those bums that inhabit Southpark Meadows during the day live in the woods all around us.
    My thought has kind of been if we move out far enough, we could lose all these problems.  I used to laugh at the idea of a gated community but now I would really like to move into one of those, for safety.  So we headed towards Dripping Springs and we found a few places that I liked.  The first one was Headwaters Community which has Trendmaker Homes and David Weekley Homes.  The houses were all very open and they had the masters downstairs which I liked, but all the secondary rooms were quite small compared to what the boys have right now.  The best part of these homes is the views.  The salesman said none of the homes back up to each other and you don't have a back neighbor for at least 500 yards.  What I saw is that the houses are built on a canyon like with views of the hill country that go on for miles and miles, totally serene and beautiful.  I could live with the smaller rooms for the boys, the model had a game room upstairs, so they could consider that their space as well.  The biggest setback to these homes is that they were closer to $550,000 so their is that to consider.
    We then moved on to M/I Homes which had flatter land, but houses were in the $350,000 range, so this seemed affordable, specially if we could sell our current home and make a hefty profit.  The lady here said they should be selling homes for the next 2-3 years and I noticed on the map that the lots get bigger, more towards an acre in size per house.  I would love that size just to have some privacy, but it will be a few years before we can see If they do as they are saying.  She said if we were interested in acreage homes, the neighbor further down has acre sized lots, so after looking at the two models which were very nice as well, we headed to the next builder, but they are barely started since the model is not yet complete.
    These homes were from the $600,000 and up which means they are out of our pricepoint.  It did feel nice to be on the hunt again.  I love looking at houses, so whether we move or not, I consider it a good waste of a day.  We ended the evening by going to the store, getting some meat for dinner but not too much since tomorrow night is a good reason to grill up some wings and fajitas for the Super Bowl.

No comments:

Post a Comment