Tuesday, November 7, 2017

11/7/17 Stop Looking For Trouble, Idiots?

    There seems to be tragedy every day in the news, I hardly read it or look at it anymore.  I was looking for an update on the latest cold front showing up tomorrow and I ran upon the shooting at that church outside San Antonio.  Seems like everything is designed to take us out right now.  Being that things are this way, why the F**k would smart people still venture out to third world countries to go exploring?  I saw a story just opening my laptop trying to get to youtube that stopped me in my tracks about a kid just graduated from college, decided to take a year off before going to medical school and going off to go backpacking through Peru.  Sorry, but Idiot is the only thing I can think to call him.  It is bordered by Colombia and Brazil.  Brazil is very quietly a shithole and fuck, we are all scared of Colombia and its exports.
    I know this was his dream, to go exploring, but fuck he's not Christopher Robin playing in his own 100 acre woods with Pooh Bear.  He went to a dangerous area and sounds like he paid the highest price.  I would love to go to Mexico, go f**k some whoores, have some stories to tell, maybe take Boy and make him a man, but I have half a brain that tells me "Uhh, that is a dangerous place, you might die from disease or from a stabbing."  I would love to see the pyramids in Egypt, back in the 70's and 80's, middle eastern people were portrayed as loud but goofy and alright.  They might be, but I also know that part of the world don't care for 'Mericans, Fuck Yeah!  Why go put myself in harms way, to look at some sand structures.  I'll build a sand castle on the beach and get over it.
    If the kid wanted to go camping in the woods, we have national forests here aplenty.  That mindset that we have inhabited all of America is just wrong.  You can still get lost in huge areas from New Mexico all the way up to Montana, go in those mountains and really all the way to the west coast, it's pretty desolate.
    I feel a little bad for the mom, she's left with hardly any clues, no body, nothing.  It is feared that he could have simply fallen off a trail, if so, he could be alive, but he won't be found, this isn't the movies.  This just sounds stupid all around.  If he had gone with a group, then maybe, but still, I would be inclined to say no.
    I also don't get this whole taking a year off from studying.  I went to college, it is a bunch of BS, every time I hear a kid needs a year off.  You go to school for 17 weeks and then you get a month off, then another 17 weeks and it's summer break where you can be off for three months.  Wait until you start working in the real world, where you're lucky if you get a month off.  Of course, you can't take it all at once, in case you get sick, you must always save some time.  Such a waste of a person that could have helped people, if he was going to medical school, as the story says.  The story only mentioned the mother, maybe having a father around would have changed the outcome.  "Dad, I'm going to find myself in Peru."  "Fuck that, Son.  Get a job if you're going to be unemployed for a year, I'm not supporting your freeloader ass anymore."

No comments:

Post a Comment