Sunday, November 19, 2017

11/19/17 Celebrating Javalina's Birthday A Little Early?

    Saturday was a busy day, we celebrated Javalina's birthday all day long.  It was kind of fun, but still, I don't dig days where we don't come home every so often.  There were no rules to the day, but initially, we needed to eat.  I think my Mom had thought we were going to eat three meals because after making jokes about Bill Miller, they thought we were headed there at noon.  Javalina wanted to eat at Red Robin, we go there from time to time and it had been awhile.  The third plan for a meal was to eat at the Alamo Drafthouse while watching either Thor or Murder on the Orient Express.  I could not dig the idea of three meals, worse, three meals without stopping at the house to relieve some pressure, if you know what I mean.
    I quickly convinced my Mom instead of Bill Miller to just go eat at Red Robin, it would be noon by the time we got there, and it would be a big lunch.  If I had eaten at Bill Miller, I don't know if I could have rallied and eaten even one burger by 3:00 or 4:00 pm.  The unknown was my brother with his family.  I called him at 9:00am and he was still not on the road, am I supposed to plan around him?  We had told him we were eating at Red Robin around 4:00pm, but things change.  Sorry if you read this bro-bro, but when I suggested the food court at the mall as a place to eat, I was still burping burgers onion ring towers from that great big lunch.  I know you had a great laugh at me, but none of us were ready to eat.  Wife suggested eating at Longhorn Steakhouse on the fly, while we were driving to the mall.  Apparently, that is one of  those restaurants he loves, so he approved.
    The rest of the time at the mall for me was feeling that burger and appetizers turning and churning into poop.  I was walking around slower and slower, thinking I can't eat again without going to the bathroom.  I tried going at Sears, but it is so small and always feels kind of dirty, I chickened out.  I came out a little distracted with their sales, I want to buy a table saw, I am planning on installing wood floors if I can ever get ahead of our bills, but that is for another day.
    Eventually, we all made it to Longhorn Steakhouse, except for poor Boy who always seems to be working.  Dinner was very good, I had a smaller steak which my brother would not stop insulting that it was such a small steak it should call itself a nugget.  He was all in love with his fatty ribeye even forced Javalina and I to take a bite to see how good it was, and it was fatty.
    We ended the night at home, since Boy bought a cake for his brother, we all sang Happy Birthday for a third time, his real birthday isn't until the 22nd, so let's see how many more he can sneak in.  Even though my brother did not spend the night, I was glad everyone came and we sat together to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment