Thursday, November 16, 2017

11/16/17 Open Room, Now What?

    My family has been wanting me to evict my renters so they can have bedrooms when they come to visit.  I find this a tad ridiculous because my siblings on a good year come maybe twice a year.  My parents do come about once a month, but they always have the bed in Javalina's room, so that is never a real issue.  Javalina is part animal, as he is becoming a teenager.  When he has friends over, he sleeps on his pull out beds and lets his friends have the bed, so he doesn't need his bed.
    Now that Girlie is out and the room has been blessed, you would think either my sister or my brother would be following Mama up here but no.  Wife invited them over this weekend, and my sister and her husband talked a good talk, then they remembered I don't go to Crystal and that is a good enough reason for them not to come up here.  My brother who usually chirps and squaks like the lawyer he is, didn't even respond to the invitation.  It is not really the same thing, when I go down there, I am at my Mom's, there is no going here or going there.  When they come up, we go the mall, out to dinner, maybe some new playscape area for the kids, definitely a bookstore for my brother, so visiting us is merely an excuse to enjoy what the big city has.
    Both siblings have always busted my ass for not visiting enough, yet neither has ever invited us to sleep in their house.  I love being at my Mom's, when we go, family comes and visits and we usually BBQ some stuff, but there is only one bathroom, so you better like pooping with somebody knocking on the door, because it always happens.  Then lately, my parents have been giving us their bed because I am such a huge cow, but I feel bad that they end up sleeping on smaller beds.  This is why I have put King size beds in all the bedrooms, except Boy, but still, he has a Queen, which two normal people fit on easily.  Wife and I trying to sleep on a full size bed is ridiculous, we are too much ham for that.
    My sister already mentioned their kid has a football game on Saturday, I swear they are going to break this kid, he is in so many sports, by the time it'll matter, he'll have the knees of an old man, but whatever, he looks so cute in his uniform.  Javalina just wanted to spend his birthday hanging out with his cousins, but I have a feeling that is going to be a bridge too far.

No comments:

Post a Comment