Thursday, November 23, 2017

11/23/17 Happy Thanksgiving To All?

    Here we are, close to finishing another year, for some good, for some, bad.  We can count on one thing, if we hang around long enough, next year we will be at the same point in the calender, give or take a day, Thanksgiving does move around.  The point is to take a breath and be thankful for those around us.  I always appreciate those who come around and give their time to us, family or friends, it should always be in having a good time.  This kind of reminds me of my Mom's light guilt she lays on me for not visiting and maybe moving too far away.  We don't set out to upset the ones we love, my goal has always been to go and make a mark out there, come back as someone worthy of being proud of.  Over the years, we have had many good years in which I felt invincible, so it was bound to happen, sometimes what goes up must come down, and certainly this year has tested our personal lows.  We made some decisions we knew would be risky, then they were compounded when my company cut my pay and I had to give up my truck, which was beautiful and perfect.  I know that material things don't matter, and I am fine running around in my trusty old Excursion, but if ever a time was, this has felt like we are totally being tested.  Add to that, Wife is now "stuck" working three hours away, we thought there might be an opportunity, but it would have demanded more than we could afford to give up.
    I know so far things sound a tad dark, but I really feel it is fixing to improve.  We made some sacrifices, such as giving up the majority of our credit cards, such as Wife working for the knowledge so far away, even Boy will be done in a year or so with his studies.  Javalina has become a teenager and he is almost changing before our eyes from a little pudgy Chubby cutie to another handsome young man with a beautiful attitude.
    So even if this is one of our quieter and unexciting Thanksgiving weekends, complete with my ass working all week, including Wednesday Night, I know things always ebb and flow.  In about two years, I imagine we will be stronger financially and in a better position.
    Waah, all this negative crap aside, a few good mixed drinks and the right pies and this might still be the best Thanksgiving ever.  It does have to do with the attitude and spirit which we go into any holiday, and at least for now, we are still living life at the address of my choice.
    Happy Thanksgiving Y'all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment