Saturday, November 25, 2017

11/25/17 Thanksgiving?

    I was so out of it, Thanksgiving almost slipped out of my existence.  I worked all week to try and suck as much money as I could out of the week, still nothing compared to how it used to be,but oh well.  Anyways, after working Monday through Wednesday night at 12-13 hours apiece, I was pretty tired by Thursday.  Add to that the fact that I couldn't sleep Thursday morning and my in-laws started arriving early Thursday and my sleep was disturbed most of the day.  I stayed in bed until almost 2:30pm, then Wife came up and got me up, saying the food was ready.  I took a quick shower, came down and pretty much went around and hugged everyone.
    I picked my chair I always sit at and waited for the food to start getting served.  Five minutes later, we all went into the family room and holding hands, my brother in law did a little prayer.  My brother in law's little kid must be getting over the religious enlightenment as he was not demanding to have his fifteen minutes of fame praying over all of us.  I say good, kids shouldn't feel that much pressure to care so much about something they don't understand.
    I was a little worried Wednesday night as I left back to work.  Usually, my in-laws come and spend the night Wednesday Night and I can see all the foods being prepared and brought together, Wednesday night, it was just Wife here and she wasn't even completely sold on the idea of taking the turkey out of the fridge, thinking we would get sick if the turkey thawed too quickly overnight.  I was worried about a lack of sodas, we had two pumpkin pies and Javalina was already killing one of them.  That was my inspiration for my depressing blog Thursday.  Things looked much better when I got up, there were two turkeys as usual, and two hams, plenty of stuffing and desserts galore.
    I loved the desserts, one of them was a cheesecake with banana overtones.  It was totally new to my palate.  They also did a pecan turtle cheesecake, pistachio pudding, pumpkin pie, and pecan pie.  It was hard to figure out a favorite, good thing I had a tray mixed with all of them for seconds at night.
    After finishing what was the meal and dessert, I felt like exploding.  I went up to my bathroom, and my bed tripped me and pulled me in under its blankets for some awesome afternoon napping.  By the time I realized, it was around 8:30pm and I got up out of guilt that Wife was downstairs alone.  She said her folks had cleaned the kitchen, put away everything and even got a load going in the wash.  The kitchen looked so clean, I panicked that they took everything and left no leftovers.
    After confirming, I got a plate of more desserts and we saw a couple of shows on our big screen, something we rarely do anymore.  About midnight, I remembered I had not written today's blog, so I got to work.  I am writing this one early, I am about done and it is only 3:00pm on Friday.  I believe I have earned a nap and maybe a trip to the mall later, the black Friday crowds will be thin by 7:00pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment