Thursday, April 27, 2017

4/28/17 Who Do You Love? (poem)

Who Do You Love?

Such a simple statement could you answer out loud
and those same people would they stick out in a crowd?
Since we were little, we are brainwashed to love one and all
but most people suck, instead mostly choosing to brawl
I heard something beautiful by the man who fathered Mrs. Kutcher
when you hate something you complain and you cut like a butcher
but when you love something, now there's no words for describing.
So the list starts, first place goes to Wife
if she weren't with me I wouldn't be on this path which has given me my life.
Then of course my boys follow next
springing from my loins they are basically my walking DNA projects.
I would not exist without the love mom and dad had for me,
on a list of my love's they should be in the top five, don't you agree?
my sister, I love her naivete, telling us "we don't know true love",
that's funny lil Sis, but for almost 30 years Wife and I fit have like a glove.
My attorney brother, swears we're all 1 step away from needing his knowledge of the law,
you were my first best friend, but sometimes the yapping makes us wanna sock you in the jaw.
my younger brother you are a challenge keeping us out like you're wearing a thick jacket
but I love you and accept you even when you're calling me a liberal faggot.
 Do we treat love like a piece of pie and each of us has so much to give?
 Or is love like a water faucet, never ending, only guarded by a thin sieve?
I have tons of other people that I love, from my in-laws who have always made me feel like a son,
to my coworkers who I've worked side by side for 20 plus years and made that place more fun.
My current tenants of course I love, I've known Girlie twenty years,
she looks to us for inspiration and I'm hoping we help over come her fears.
Boy's friend is a good kid, always hugs us when he's coming or going
recently bought laundry detergent and got me oatmeal cookies, yes, my love for him is growing.
My attorney brother loves to sarcastically say that I am muy Bueno, cause I let anyone in
I believe I am big enough to love anyone that needs it, not just my kin.

No comments:

Post a Comment