Saturday, April 1, 2017

4/1/17 Worry About The Unknown?

    I found it ironic kind of that earlier in the week, Chubs was telling me how worried he was about his test.  Wife and I both told him as long as you do your best, nobody is going to think bad about your efforts.  I told him once the test is over, there is nothing you can do, might as well relax and get back to normal, go play on your Xbox or whatever you do for fun.
    He was still whining about it a little bit on Friday, but no big deal.  Now it was my turn to worry.  Bad enough I woke up late to pick up Chubs from school.  He normally lets out at 3:40pm, and I aim to pick him up by 3:55, so the traffic has calmed down, but I slept hard.  I took Nyquil this morning, because I have been having trouble with a cough that doesn't want to go away.  I don't think I am coughing from sickness, but more because it is so dry and scratchy in my throat.  Anyways, because I was late, Chubs said I owed him lunch at one of our nice places.  We agreed on Fuddrucker's, which I like, but it is a tad expensive, for burgers.
    While sitting there, I texted Wife that we were eating, but it was 4:20pm, normally she gets out at 4:30pm, but she likes to help turn down the lights, set any bug traps, maybe help wash a bus or two, and make sure everything in the cafeteria is washed and put away.  I don't think much of when she doesn't call back right away.  After we ate, we headed home, texted her joking about putting the mop down and lock up, it's after hours, and still nothing.  I was showering and starting to wonder if maybe her phone was drained and she didn't realize.  Chubs was more panicky, he called my mom, see if she knew anything.  My mom got worried, called the school, and she called back saying nobody answered.  I thought maybe she is in that dead zone where her phone doesn't work, and she is already closer than we think.  I came into work, but at 6:30pm we still hadn't heard.
    Finally, when I was making coffee, she calls all I'm sorry, I'm sorry.  Come on, we know you have an important job, but it shouldn't leak all over your weekend, specially when the superintendent isn't there anymore.  She was in a meeting with TEA over some kindergarten grant, which I say great, but if none of that money comes this way, let that shit wait until Monday through Friday between school hours.
    I do worry every week that she leaves.  I don't worry so much about the traffic up here, which is more aggressive.  I worry about over there.  It can be isolated and those big trucks seem to run red lights and stop signs and cause so many accidents, all the time.  She made it home by 9:30pm or so, which is fine, specially since I am working anyway, but I don't like that the school is using her for pretty much everything, but the minute she thinks about a raise, ummm, no, the numbers are not where they need to be.  Is Wife supposed to go pick up the little shits from their houses too?  She does have a CDL to drive a school bus.

No comments:

Post a Comment