Wednesday, April 19, 2017

4/19/17 Keep Me On My Boy's Schedule?

    I am off this week and part of next week due to my leg.  I was bored enough today that I told Wife we should go eat brunch somewhere, just to get out of the house.  It seemed like a good idea, but then we both kind of fell asleep in the morning after Wife dropped off Chubs, and we were both in and out of sleep until around 11:00am.  I haven't been able to shower or bath, so I got ready pretty quickly, but then had to sit and wait on Wife to get ready.  She was ready pretty quick, so we hit the road around noon.
    She had mentioned Culver's during the weekend, and it resonated in my head, so we headed there.  I love their cheddar melts with the toasted bread and the small hamburger patties and onions.  I have to complain they did something to their fries about a year ago.  They had perfect and awesome fries but now they just get kind of hard and dead when they cool off.  They used to be good to the last drop.  Anyways, while we sat there, I noticed the only other people available to be customers are the old and the unemployables.  I don't believe unemployables are filling up restaurants, primarily because they don't have money, so our table companions are mostly older folks, and I can sense the Republican oozing from their loins.
    They have a TV there in the restaurant and because of my leg, we sat on the half bench/ half chair tables which are in the line of sight of the TV.  Normally, this doesn't bother me, but looking at the TV and seeing all the Trump coverage, I am not sure old people have as big a problem with our leader.  I want to roll my eyes at the TV as the reporters are insisting we are moving closer to war, and the old people are eating that shit up with a spoon.  Maybe it is just in my head, and maybe this fool will accomplish getting us into a war we don't need to be involved in, but in the mean time, there we sit, like dummies, not being able to do much about nothing.
    I'm sorry, but give me lunch with my Chubs any day.  I love to hear his little school drama problems with this girl or this friend.  That is much more palatable than anything coming out of Washington right now.  How much more poor taste than our great leader describing the greatest piece of chocolate cake while dropping bombs over Iraq, oops, I meant Syria, after being corrected by the reporter.  Fucking demented old Fuck, at least know what group of brown people you are targeting while you enjoy your much deserved cake, Asshole.
    I rarely get out during the day, with work and my busy schedule, so I will leave today as a weird one of a kind thing, but I am not sure I enjoyed it that much.  Maybe the old people were keeping to themselves and not staring our way, maybe it's just my own inner turmoil which makes me hate crowds which keeps me on night shift, but I have to say, I will stick to a Mexican restaurant next time I am out when I am not supposed to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment