Saturday, April 22, 2017

4/22/17 Racists or Totally Incompetent At ZPizza?

    This is after all a new world, and I can feel the roll of the eyes from you two at work, but it certainly felt like some shenanigans were afoot.  We stopped to eat at ZPizza this afternoon after trying Jersey Mike's which had an overflowing parking lot, Which Wich, which apparently shut down, shitty location to get to, at Slaughter Lane and MoPac.  Boy wanted to go stop by the Alamo Drafthouse to pick up tickets for us, we hadn't been in a while and Wife wants to see Beauty and the Beast.  Since we were all the way over there, and we had talked about it a week or two ago, ZPizza seemed like the destination, last time I had half a sub and some pizza and the pizza was pretty good.
    All seemed normal when we got there, I was distracted by the bicycle shop two doors down and wanted to look but everyone was super hungry, so I was out of luck.  At the restaurant, I could not find on the menu where the half and half deals were at.  I remember getting half a sub and half a pizza or something like that.  I saw a small pepperoni pizza for $5.98 and thought that would be good enough for me.  Chubs seems to order wings wherever he goes, and Wife and Boy each had a sub of one kind or another.  We sat and I managed to finish my first soda and we still hadn't got any food.  Two girls came in after us, ordered, each got a Dos Equis beer and some food.  Their food came out, they ate, and at some point on my second soda Boy and Wife got their subs.  The dude muttered something like we lost your ticket, we'll get the rest of your meal together.  "Uhh, OK." Is about the only thing you can say before getting ugly.  Many other customers came in ordered and left with their pizzas and there we still were.
    About the time Boy finished eating his sub, I got my pizza in a to go box, and yet still nothimng for my son.  Wife finished eating, the two ladies next to us finished eating and drinking their beers, and I begrudgingly ate my pizza as Chubs fought to get more than the 1 slice I gave him.  I finally finished my pizza and then started looking at Wife like go up and ask them "what is going on?"  There was a steady stream of people coming in ordering so it made it hard to cause a commotion. 
    Probably 45 minutes after we got there, Chubs finally got his wings.  There was a half-ass not sorry but explanation... "wings take a while."  There were at least six perfect white boys in their 20's working behind the counter.  How do you lose a ticket if you order next to the oven and prep station.  I almost felt a racist vibe, it is about as west as one can go in South Austin, and we know it gets whiter the farther west you travel.  If it wasn't racism, then we are left with six idiots who couldn't get their shit together, so pick one.  Those freaking wings come in a bag, they get thrown in a microwave or convection oven for a couple minutes.  It is a pizza parlor, don't say pizzas are hard to make, Cody.  Don't tell me Subs are your specialty, Bryce.

No comments:

Post a Comment