Wednesday, April 26, 2017

4/26/17 Going Back To Work?

    If my doctor says it's ok, I plan to go back to work tonight.  I have been out since the previous week   He recommended two weeks off and today is one day short of that, but if I go in tonight, I will at least make a short week of it by working Friday night.
    I wish I could say it has been a productive two weeks and that I also alphabetized my book collection or polished my silver spoons or something else, but best I managed was sweeping and cleaning the garage a little on Sunday while Wife washed her car, and running the pool pump a couple days to try and clean up the pool, again.  Every time I look away that fucking albatross turns green on me, I swear I am ripping it out of the ground as soon as I can afford for it to be done.
    I have been healing, I guess.  I noticed one small corner where the new skin graft is attached where the skin kind of ripped from the staple.  There are probably twenty staples, so one of twenty ain't bad, I think, but then again, what do I know.  It hasn't hurt, other than itch a couple times, where I feel like I want to scratch it, but I am pretty scared to do that.  The whole thought that it could just fall off, like a cheap Band-Aid, has had me pretty uncomfortable.
    I spent Monday on my feet, most of the day, to test what leg would look like, and it seemed fine.  I guess the more time passes, the better and better it will be.  If I do go to work tonight, it means being on my feet or sitting for a twelve hour shift, so I won't get much of a break.  It is actually more annoying now that the doctor wants me opening up the cut every night to change the dressings and showering while everything is removed.  I so preferred when they wrapped me in the "una-boot" and then I didn't have to worry about it.  Now, I am sitting here on the edge of the bed every night looking at the staples, wondering if it's all good and wrapping my leg like a bad Christmas present.
    I can't say all I've done is sleep, although it does feel that way.  I thought I might catch up on the  few Netflix shows I've been watching, like Better Call Saul, which follows the life of the lawyer from Breaking Bad before Walt showed up and ruined everything.  I am also more than halfway through Workaholics which follows three best friends through their shitty lives of partying and working minimum wage right after graduating college.  I feel like it would be better to save them for my long nights at work. 
    I didn't even get through a book yet, or anything else.  Anytime Wife would sit so we could catch up on our recorded DVR shows, I would fall asleep within minutes.  I would then wake up by myself and be up from maybe 2:00am until 5:00-6:00am watching YouTube videos, mostly vines about people doing stupid things or if I want to feel productive watching the big atheists discussing with various people. 
    I don't know that much will change from being at work or being home, other than I can't nap in bed, but I feel like it's time.  I want to put all this crap in my rearview mirror and move forward post haste.

No comments:

Post a Comment