Saturday, April 15, 2017

4/15/17 The Day After?

    I am only mildly complaining because I have nothing better to do.  I should be happy I have gone all day without so much as needing a pain pill or I should be happy Wife is here and she brings me foods of my choice.
    The biggest complaint for today was being a tad worried about not pooping in over a day and a half.  Yesterday was pretty much spent sleeping, I worked partly on purpose so I would be extra tired and not spending all night thinking of going under the knife.  Because I needed the sleep and I was full of anesthesia, yesterday just happened.  My folks drove up after my mom worked all day, and then got up and showered at 4:00am to go to the hospital with me so they too were out of it and slept on the sofas and chairs in the living rooms.  The only one who always seems full of energy was Wife who stayed up all day, as usual, applying for jobs here in the area, and then staying up trying to catch up on her shows.
    At a certain point I wanted tacos and Wife went and got some from Taco Cabana.  I ate two which happened to be bean and cheese and fell asleep before I could eat the other two.  Apparently, I missed the fajita tacos and by the time I re-awoke my tacos had been consumed by someone else.  I was hungry but alas, no tacos, I kind of settled for some of the pan dulce bought earlier.
    I went to sleep for the night by 10:30pm or so but woke up at 2:30am and stayed awake until 7:30am.  I managed to nap a bit until 10:00am when Wife got up.  I quickly said "I'm hungry" and she said she would go get breakfast tacos  I added some biscuits, eggs, and sausages from Whataburger and she said she would get both.  I enjoyed this with a cup of coffee thinking this would make me poop, but still nothing.  I laid around watching some dudes building tree houses on TV, then I felt real gassy as I had followed the coffee with a Dr. Pepper, and two Cokes.  All that I produced was some fantastic gas, but still nothing.  I stayed upstairs, watched some shows with Wife and fell asleep.  I woke and this time I was sure the poop would happen, so I went in the bathroom with a vengeance and some reading material.
    I just waited it out and eventually, the dam broke and it might have been a little firm and dry in the beginning, but it was all nice and moist by the end of it.  I now feel I can start healing properly, my poop is moving, but I am still sore from my chest and stomach area.  I feel like I got punched in the gut every time I convulse and start coughing it hurts so much, but I am moving a lot of phlegm out.
    My brother in law who works in a wound clinic said the anesthesia stays in the body for 2-4 days and that is what is making me feel sore.  I am not sure if my throat will clear in a couple days but I guess I had a tube going into my lungs, so that can explain some of that pain.  Right now, it is 2:13am and all I can think is "I'm hungry."

No comments:

Post a Comment